Question about "featured gallery"

NikonGirlNikonGirl Registered Users Posts: 204 Major grins
edited August 18, 2006 in SmugMug Support
A gallery I featured on my home page is no longer there. It is now featured within the category (People) instead. According to Smugmug help page, when a gallery is "featured" it displays on the home Page.
http://www.smugmug.com/help/arrange-galleries

Has this changed recently? Because I featured a gallery on my home page and it has been displaying on my home page as it's supposed to. However, now it's not. And I haven't changed anything.

Thanks - I appreciate your help on this.

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2006
    NikonGirl wrote:
    A gallery I featured on my home page is no longer there. It is now featured within the category (People) instead. According to Smugmug help page, when a gallery is "featured" it displays on the home Page.

Has this changed recently? Because I featured a gallery on my home page and it has been displaying on my home page as it's supposed to. However, now it's not. And I haven't changed anything.

Looks like you have no featured galleries. Re-feature it, and let us know.

What is the gallery url, please?
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2006
    NikonGirl wrote:

Hi Yolanda, i don't see the featured gallery on your homepage as you describe, but i also don't see any gallery featured in the people category.

As far as i know, featured galleries can only appear on the home page. Make sure to check your control panel, and see if it maybe shows on there, that's all i can suggest.

If that doesn't work, i think you will need an Andy :D. EDIT: who appears to have beaten me with his reply by less than a minute....
  • NikonGirlNikonGirl Registered Users Posts: 204 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2006
    If you click on the People category on my Home page, you'll see the gallery "featured" at the bottom of the page.

The gallery is called 'In Memory - Mike and Sue". For some reason, I can't access my Smugmug site now. I am getting a long clock and the site doesn't display. I am actually traveling right now, borrowing someone else's computer, and I can't remember my password to Smugmug.

Sorry, but "Sue and Mike" are close family members who died and I just attended their funeral yesterday. When I left home, I had this gallery featured on my home page. It's just upsetting to me to find it no longer featured.

Andy - can you just feature it for me? As I said, right now I just can't access my site.

Thanks!
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2006
    NikonGirl wrote:

Andy - can you just feature it for me? As I said, right now I just can't access my site.

Thanks!
    Done. And, so sorry for your loss.
  • NikonGirlNikonGirl Registered Users Posts: 204 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2006
    Thank you! I was finally able to access my site by closing the browser and opening it up again.

Again, thank you Andy. Do you have any explanation for what happened? As I said, the gallery was featured on my home page when I left home, and this morning it wasn't. Given that I haven't logged on to my site in a few days, I can't imagine what happened.