Downloading my pics back to my computer

squirrelmonkeysquirrelmonkey Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited August 18, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Hello, sorry if this is a very simple question!!!
My old hard drive died recently with 4 years of photos on, most not backed up, boohoo. Most of the good ones are on smugmug though, so I want to download them to my new hard drive. i know that I can save one at a time, but it will take me weeks. Do you know a quick way, I can download my pics please?

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2006
    Hi Squirrel wave.gif welcome to Dgrin!

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=2675

:)
  • squirrelmonkeysquirrelmonkey Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited August 18, 2006
    downloading pics to hard drive
    hello, thanks Andy, the links ask me for a user name and password and further in I tried the other links but they don't have an option for Mac? Any other suggestions please?
  • DodgeV83DodgeV83 Registered Users Posts: 379 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2006
    hello, thanks Andy, the links ask me for a user name and password and further in I tried the other links but they don't have an option for Mac? Any other suggestions please?

There are really only 2 choices. One is free, but experimental and might not work for all galleries in my experience.

http://www.smugmug.com/hack/webdav-Windows-XP

The other choice is www.starexplorer.com Their $30 Power package will enable downloading, but only for 1 gallery at a time (sucks), and their $50 Pro package will enable full downloading for multiple galleries at once.

I'd suggest you try the WebDAV first, since its free and might work fine for you. If it doens't work, then be ready to take out your credit card...unless you don't mind manually going through each gallery and clicking on "save photo" about 8,000 times rolleyes1.gif
  • dmcdmc Registered Users Posts: 427 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2006
    Hello, sorry if this is a very simple question!!!
    My old hard drive died recently with 4 years of photos on, most not backed up, boohoo. Most of the good ones are on smugmug though, so I want to download them to my new hard drive. i know that I can save one at a time, but it will take me weeks. Do you know a quick way, I can download my pics please?

I believe there is an "Order backup" button on your smugmug home page. I hit the button and it estimated the cost at $72 for my 11GB's.... not bad...and no headache.
  • DodgeV83DodgeV83 Registered Users Posts: 379 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2006
    dmc wrote:
    I believe there is an "Order backup" button on your smugmug home page. I hit the button and it estimated the cost at $72 for my 11GB's.... not bad...and no headache.

Jeesh! $72 for 11GB? Thats just a few blank DVDs!

How about this? You give me $69.99 and your password, and I'll download your pics, burn them to DVD and send you them myself! I'll even throw in duplicate DVDs and some prints for ya!

Heck, if you don't want them on DVD, I'll buy a small harddrive, put them on there and ship you that!

And you save $3 thumb.gif