Fall sports are getting under way. A few from a soccer scrimmage Wednesday:
88876225-L.jpg

88878231-L.jpg

88875678-L.jpg

88992623-L-1.jpg

Comments

• Frog LadyFrog Lady Registered Users Posts: 1,091 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2006
    nice clear crisp shots John. I'm also looking forwardst to the start of soccer season! I like the action and facial expression in #4, but I don't think you'll get his parents to buy a copy of a shot he missed:D

C.
    Colleen
    check out my (sports) pics: ColleenBonney.smugmug.com

*Thanks to Boolsacho for the avatar photo (from the dgrin portrait project)
  • johngjohng Registered Users Posts: 1,658 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2006
    Frog Lady wrote:
    but I don't think you'll get his parents to buy a copy of a shot he missed:D

C.

:D I agree - good action shots and shots for parents to buy are often at odds. While I emphasize coverage of a certain team the hobbyist in me can't help but try and capture good action even if it's the opposing team. After all, it's all practice that helps me get better. I've still got a long way to go on my skillset - I'm not to the point where I have a set list of shots and can go to a game and snap 100 photos and be done - so I practice on both teams usually about a 80/20 split. Of course it doesn't help that I'm currently a jack of all trades / master of none sports shooter. I have yet to lock down a season contract for any sport so I end up shooting several teams/sports throughout the season. Slows down the learning curve somewhat.
  • dbaker1221dbaker1221 Registered Users Posts: 4,482 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2006
    terriffic shots. our soccer starts next week & I'm anxoius too work on my shooting too.
    **If I keep shooting, I'm bound to hit something**
    Dave