please help, problem viewing photos

tigerlandtigerland Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
edited August 18, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I had posted this in the wrong a few minutes ago, sorry this is where it is supposed to be. I had my site set to the Sand theme and pics were viewed by smugmug style. I then switched my them to black and white and left the viewing style of smugmug. the problem is, when i click on the larger picture on the right side to make it bigger, it opens on the top half of the screen and the bottom is cut off. sometimes it does this othertimes it is fine. do I have something set wrong or is this some sort of bug. thank you.

Comments

• AnneMcBeanAnneMcBean Registered Users Posts: 503 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2006
    Hmm...
    tigerland wrote:
    I had posted this in the wrong a few minutes ago, sorry this is where it is supposed to be. I had my site set to the Sand theme and pics were viewed by smugmug style. I then switched my them to black and white and left the viewing style of smugmug. the problem is, when i click on the larger picture on the right side to make it bigger, it opens on the top half of the screen and the bottom is cut off. sometimes it does this othertimes it is fine. do I have something set wrong or is this some sort of bug. thank you.
    I'm not sure I understand what you're describing. Can you link me to the gallery in question?

-Anne

p.s. Welcome to Dgrin! wave.gif
  • tigerlandtigerland Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited August 18, 2006
    AnneMcBean wrote:
    I'm not sure I understand what you're describing. Can you link me to the gallery in question?

-Anne

p.s. Welcome to Dgrin! wave.gif

Here is the link, and thanks for the help.
    If you go to the a gallery and try to open one of the photos by clicking on the actual photo instead of the small, medium, or large links below. This is when it happens.
    http://www.actonphotography.smugmug.com/
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2006
    tigerland wrote:
    Here is the link, and thanks for the help.
    If you go to the a gallery and try to open one of the photos by clicking on the actual photo instead of the small, medium, or large links below. This is when it happens.
    http://www.actonphotography.smugmug.com/

Working fine for us here, IE6, Firefox, and Safari. What browser are you using, and do you have Javascript enabled? ear.gif
    edited August 18, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Working fine for us here, IE6, Firefox, and Safari. What browser are you using, and do you have Javascript enabled? ear.gif

I am using internet explorer. I'll keep messing around, but i'm getting very frusterated. Thanks for your reply, I hope we can figure this out, because i really like this theme.
    edited August 18, 2006
    tigerland wrote:
    I am using internet explorer. I'll keep messing around, but i'm getting very frusterated. Thanks for your reply, I hope we can figure this out, because i really like this theme.

IE6, right? Please verify the version.
    edited August 18, 2006
    Andy wrote:

Andy, please forgive my ignorance, how do I know if javascript is enabled.
    edited August 18, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    IE6, right? Please verify the version.

yes it is ie6 (with the service pack update SP2 )
    edited August 18, 2006
    tigerland wrote:
    yes it is ie6 (with the service pack update SP2 )
    Firewall, adblocking, anything like that? And be sure Javascript is on.
    edited August 18, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Firewall, adblocking, anything like that? And be sure Javascript is on.

I'v tried all of those and still no success. the only thing i don't know how to do is make sure javascript is on. I also just downloaded the free version of firefox and it works great with that browser. This is fine, i can use firefox, but i am concerned about other people trying to use internet explorer.
    edited August 18, 2006
    tigerland wrote:
    I'v tried all of those and still no success. the only thing i don't know how to do is make sure javascript is on. I also just downloaded the free version of firefox and it works great with that browser. This is fine, i can use firefox, but i am concerned about other people trying to use internet explorer.
    They'll be fine in IE. You have a switch off some how. Go to Tools>internet options and check.
    edited August 18, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    They'll be fine in IE. You have a switch off some how. Go to Tools>internet options and check.

I'v went to internet options and looked around but to be honest with you I am very good with this kind of stuff, I don't really know what should be on and off. I am sorry for taking up so much of your time.
    edited August 18, 2006
    tigerland wrote:
    I'v went to internet options and looked around but to be honest with you I am very good with this kind of stuff, I don't really know what should be on and off. I am sorry for taking up so much of your time.

Sorry, I meant to say i am NOT very good with these things.
    edited August 18, 2006
    tigerland wrote:
    Sorry, I meant to say i am NOT very good with these things.
    Here's how:

http://www.umanitoba.ca/acn/support/websites/Javascript/ie6.html
    edited August 18, 2006
    Andy wrote:

Yes it is enabled. I don't know if this makes a difference in figuring out this problem, but half the time the photo opens properly and the other half it only opens in the top half of the screen and the bottom is cut off.
    edited August 18, 2006
    Andy wrote:

Andy, I downloaded the new version of internet explorer ( 7 ) and my site is working perfectly. Thank you again for you help.