The twisty tree

mikeshotsmikeshots Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
edited August 19, 2006 in Holy Macro
So I got my new Sigma 10-20mm lens about a week ago. I thought it would be fun to go out and play with it a little bit. It's definitely different from anything I've used before. I've never had a real wide-angle lens like this. This was the only shot I was semi-happy with after a quick jaunt through nature. The background is a little blown out and I could have gone with a little deeper DOF, but I love the effect of the wide angle when you get up close to something. I've got lots of learning to do, but I'm having fun!:thumb

Comments

• ForeheadForehead Registered Users Posts: 679 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2006
    As long as you're "out on a limb", why NOT "have fun with it"?

But not TOO much fun, there!:hurt
    Steve-o
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2006
    mikeshots wrote:
    So I got my new Sigma 10-20mm lens about a week ago. I thought it would be fun to go out and play with it a little bit. It's definitely different from anything I've used before. I've never had a real wide-angle lens like this. This was the only shot I was semi-happy with after a quick jaunt through nature. The background is a little blown out and I could have gone with a little deeper DOF, but I love the effect of the wide angle when you get up close to something. I've got lots of learning to do, but I'm having fun!thumb.gif

Wow that's pretty cool, gosh you can sure fit a lot in with that lens eek7.gif
    Yep I can see how you could have a heap of fun with that lens :D
    Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • mikeshotsmikeshots Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
    edited August 19, 2006
    Yeah, that limb was about head-high as I was walking down the trail. I got pretty close to the 10mm focal length and I couldn't believe how close I could get to the limb and still see the background and the rest of the tree!
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2006
    Intresting tree please share your camera setting
    Lens seems to have a lot pf
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • mikeshotsmikeshots Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
    edited August 19, 2006
    Intresting tree please share your camera setting
    Lens seems to have a lot pf

I was shooting at a focal length of 10mm, 1/40th sec., f7.1 at ISO 200.
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2006
    mikeshots wrote:
    I was shooting at a focal length of 10mm, 1/40th sec., f7.1 at ISO 200.

But i dont know bit about SLR lenses ne_nau.gif you can use Sponge tool in photoshop to remove it
    F7.1 i dont know how it effects in DSLR but on my H5 f8 is max which minimize PF but if more light is allowed in camera with slow shutter speed and F8 it wont minimize Pf
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery