Comments

• Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2006
  • AntoineDAntoineD Registered Users Posts: 393 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2006
    antonjo wrote:
    Mountain man, with his sheeps ...taken with 35 f2 during mountain trip
    It's a pitty about the hat... I know headscratch.gif

Sure, one step back would have been perfect but hell yeah the image is quite good, yet.

What did you use? your Eos 5D ?
    have a quick look at my portfolio (there's a photolog, too) :: (11-07-2006) experiencing a new flash portfolio. What do you think?
  • antonjoantonjo Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
    edited August 19, 2006
    AntoineD wrote:
    What did you use? your Eos 5D ?
    Yes eos 5d. With lens stopped to f2,5 as I remeber.
    edited August 19, 2006
    antonjo wrote:
    Yes eos 5d. With lens stopped to f2,5 as I remeber.

The more I see 5D's pictures, the more I'd like to get rid of my nikon D200 and all the gear that come with to buy a Canon 5D. Full frame is really a nice thing. Is there any chance you may send me a full res picture of some of your shot (before psp treatment)?

I really d'like to compare with my own D200.

The more I work with digital, the more I want to keep film's emotions. :cry
    have a quick look at my portfolio (there's a photolog, too) :: (11-07-2006) experiencing a new flash portfolio. What do you think?
    edited August 19, 2006
    I am sending you an e mail....about the samples and my point of view on the FF/DX matter - no to make it, in photographic topic.

Regards.
    edited August 19, 2006
    antonjo wrote:
    I am sending you an e mail....about the samples and my point of view on the FF/DX matter - no to make it, in photographic topic.

Regards.

Thanks a lot :)
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited August 19, 2006
    Love it. Great use of a centered subject, totally brilliant background that tells the total story and what a face...great capture.
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2006
    It's a wonderful shot! I love the intimacy of him so close to the camera and the strong eye contact. Of course, he has a wonderful weathered face and interesting garb (to say the least!), but the lighting is what makes it for me and the positioning of his flock behind him. Killer shot!!! thumb.gif
  • ballentphotoballentphoto Registered Users Posts: 312 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2006
    saurora wrote:
    It's a wonderful shot! I love the intimacy of him so close to the camera and the strong eye contact. Of course, he has a wonderful weathered face and interesting garb (to say the least!), but the lighting is what makes it for me and the positioning of his flock behind him. Killer shot!!! thumb.gif

I LOVE it, really tells the story.
    -Michael
    Just take the picture :):
    Pictures are at available at:http://www.ballentphoto.com

My Blog: http://ballentphoto.blogspot.com
    edited August 20, 2006
    Thank You for your comments :)

I hope that my adventure with 35 mm focal length, had just begun. And that it is just the start, of completely new style in photography for me . It is so nice that this lens is so small and discreet i can take it with me anywhere :)

Regards .
    edited August 20, 2006
    antonjo wrote:
    Thank You for your comments :)

I hope that my adventure with 35 mm focal length, had just begun. And that it is just the start, of completely new style in photography for me . It is so nice that this lens is so small and discreet i can take it with me anywhere :)

Regards .

35 mm is definitely a good bet. Got a 28 mm on my D200, which I use very often when I want to stay discreet, too.