dirt bikes

dbaker1221dbaker1221 Registered Users Posts: 4,482 Major grins
edited August 24, 2006 in Sports
headed down to the dirt track late friday to watch & snap the kids on dirt bikes. My first time down there. lighting is awlful. It's the last year for the track. they're putting up condos. I'm planning on going back on a sunday afternoon when there is light.

a guy was in the track shooting with flash so I threw mine on just so I had a few pic to take home. there a bit boring cause I didnt want to blind the driver as they came at me.
89148479-M.jpg
89148422-L.jpg
:dunno :dunno :dunno :dunno :dunno :dunno :dunno :dunno :dunno :dunno :dunno :dunno
**If I keep shooting, I'm bound to hit something**
Dave

Comments

• Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited August 21, 2006
    Cool shots thumb.gif

Hey, if flash is the only way to get the shot, then flash it is :D

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2006
    Good shots for a tough enviroment! I just covered a night race last week. It wasn't nearly as fun as a day race. Darkness, dust, higher ISO than normal, all things to make one wish for sun.
    Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D
  • j-boj-bo Registered Users Posts: 313 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2006
    Hey Jeffro and all MX'ers!

Dark hasn't been something I've delved into and just avoided those races. What is the setup to do such? Our track is bombarded with stadium lights and is somewhat well lit, but when you get all those "hot spots" how do you compensate? or do you just avoid shooting in those areas altogether?

What about shots in the air where the lights are the background?

I'm supposing your latest shots are posted on your site already, I'll go check em out.

Thanks.