Natural light Macro

gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
edited August 20, 2006 in Holy Macro
Well almost. I did use a tiny bit of fill on the first one but you can't even notice. All shot on a tripod with MLU and remote. The exposure times ranged from .2 to .6 seconds. There was a slight breeze so I ended up with a lot of OOF shots but I likef the look of the morning light being filtered through the fog. Enjoy!

89152830-L.jpg

89152931-L.jpg

89152984-L.jpg
Nick
SmugMug Technical Account Manager
Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
nickwphoto

Comments

• pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,703 moderator
    edited August 19, 2006
    Very nice Nick. I really like the second two. The bokeh of the 180 macros is sweet, isn't it?

You do know that shooting macros outdoors as time exposures is asking for a bit of frustration, doncha?:D
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2006
    Really nice ones, Nick! I especially like the 3rd one with the dew drops. The lighting is really nice and the bokeh is cool!!! thumb.gif
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2006
    thumb.gif I am really impressed by your closeup shots very nice
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2006
    gluwater wrote:
    Well almost. I did use a tiny bit of fill on the first one but you can't even notice. All shot on a tripod with MLU and remote. The exposure times ranged from .2 to .6 seconds. There was a slight breeze so I ended up with a lot of OOF shots but I likef the look of the morning light being filtered through the fog. Enjoy!

Hi Nick......... looking good there mate thumb.gif
    As much as I love bugs, and I do like your bug, I gotta say I really like that last shot...... I don't know what kind of plant it is but it is so interesting.
    Reminds me of a basket, do you know what it is??
    Nice Series Nick clap.gif Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2006
    Great shots- Interesting bug in #1 looks like a cross between a moth and a leaf hopper :) but like skippy think #3 is wonderful
    Brian v.
  • gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2006
    Skippy wrote:
    Hi Nick......... looking good there mate thumb.gif
    As much as I love bugs, and I do like your bug, I gotta say I really like that last shot...... I don't know what kind of plant it is but it is so interesting.
    Reminds me of a basket, do you know what it is??
    Nice Series Nick clap.gif Skippy (Australia)
    Thanks Skippy. Picking a plant instead of a bug? I like the third shot also. It is Queen Anns Lace. It was early morning so it was balled up. Once teh sun came out they unfurl.
    Nick
    nickwphoto
    edited August 20, 2006
    Great shots- Interesting bug in #1 looks like a cross between a moth and a leaf hopper :) but like skippy think #3 is wonderful
    Brian v.
    Hey Brian, you are correct in the first shot, it is a leafhopper. Anormenis chloris to be exact. Those little bugs sure are hard to ID. I think there is something like 400 different species of leafhopper alone.
    Nick
    nickwphoto
    edited August 20, 2006
    pathfinder wrote:
    Very nice Nick. I really like the second two. The bokeh of the 180 macros is sweet, isn't it?

You do know that shooting macros outdoors as time exposures is asking for a bit of frustration, doncha?:D
    I think the plants were moving of their own free will :D. I really like this lens, the bokeh is just sweet on it and the working distance is much better than the 100.
    Nick
    nickwphoto
    edited August 20, 2006
    Thanks for always looking Saurora and Awais clap.gif.
    Nick
    nickwphoto