Dog

Dupont24Dupont24 Registered Users Posts: 237 Major grins
edited August 20, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
Tell me how to improve this photo.
:clap Canon 40D and Canon 7D
Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS EF USM, Canon 17-55mm f/2.8 IS EF-S (USM), Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L USM, Canon 50mm 1.8, and Canon Speedlite 430EX II, Bounce

dome.http://moreno24.smugmug.com/

Comments

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2006
    Motion headscratch.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • BendrBendr Registered Users Posts: 665 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2006
    Perhaps intended for whipping post? or one of the other forums?

Ben
  • BodwickBodwick Registered Users Posts: 396 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2006
    Dupont24 wrote:
    Tell me how to improve this photo.

You posted this in 'people' and never replied to the comments you got there.

Why post again as a photo challenge ne_nau.gif
    "The important thing is to just take the picture with the lens you have when the picture happens."
    Jerry Lodriguss - Sports Photographer

Reporters sans frontières
  • StanStan Registered Users Posts: 1,077 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2006
    You cannot improve this photo, it is what it is. The body is sharp although the head is slightly soft and the exposure good. But the dog is not paying attention to the camera. There is nothing in the capture to pull the eye to any point in the picture and the background is dull and gray.

A shot taken from a lower angle will often give better results although human perspective can be great in some situations when the dog is focused on the camera. A more interesting background than gray tarmac with a black and white dog would help, but keep the detail out of focus to make the eye focus on the object.

I hope this helps

Stan
  • Dupont24Dupont24 Registered Users Posts: 237 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2006
    Sorry for posting in wrong forum. I am new to the website and smgmug as a member.
    :clap Canon 40D and Canon 7D
    Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS EF USM, Canon 17-55mm f/2.8 IS EF-S (USM), Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L USM, Canon 50mm 1.8, and Canon Speedlite 430EX II, Bounce

dome.http://moreno24.smugmug.com/