Keyword setting in Customize

videooppvideoopp Registered Users Posts: 103 Big grins
edited August 19, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Is there any way to set the Keyword option in the customize gallery section to work for images that are moved in and not just uploaded to? I have about 10,000 images that I would, as Andy says, "keyword the hec out of", and am getting "clicking disease" by having to individually select each thumbnail for the keywords that I want to add.

One work-around that I have come up with is to create new galleries of major themes, and move images into these galleries so that I can then at least use the "select all" button. But it would save a step if the Keyword option in the "costomize gallery" area, worked for images being "moved in", and not just up-loaded to.
Frank Spangler
Business: www.panopro.com
Stock Images: www.worldviewimages.com (Smugmug Site)
Stock Video: https://www.pond5.com/artist/videoopp
Blog: www.untotheleast.com

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2006
    videoopp wrote:
    Is there any way to set the Keyword option in the customize gallery section to work for images that are moved in and not just uploaded to? I have about 10,000 images that I would, as Andy says, "keyword the hec out of", and am getting "clicking disease" by having to individually select each thumbnail for the keywords that I want to add.

One work-around that I have come up with is to create new galleries of major themes, and move images into these galleries so that I can then at least use the "select all" button. But it would save a step if the Keyword option in the "costomize gallery" area, worked for images being "moved in", and not just up-loaded to.
    Have you tried bulk keywording?
  • videooppvideoopp Registered Users Posts: 103 Big grins
    edited August 19, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Have you tried bulk keywording?

Yes, and that works great if all of the images in a gallery can take all of the same keywords, and you can use "select all", But unless I am missing something, If I have 500 images from Malawi, but only 250 of them are of kids in school and the rest are faces, culture, agriculture, etc. I have to go in and pic those 250 kids in school, one by one, as there does not seem to be a "multiple select" funtion, like "shift select multiple groups" in Windows.
    Frank Spangler
    Business: www.panopro.com
    Stock Images: www.worldviewimages.com (Smugmug Site)
    Stock Video: https://www.pond5.com/artist/videoopp
    Blog: www.untotheleast.com