Brothers

MaelynMaelyn Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
edited August 20, 2006 in People
These are my oldest two (the only ones really willing to put up with mom's photography habit :rofl)

Anyway I've been working through some of Yuri's advice and Chuck Gardners advice on posing people. I know these are probably pretty classic poses but was looking for some feedback.
Amateur in the making. Constructive feedback always welcome.

Comments

• MaelynMaelyn Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited August 20, 2006
    Another one
    edited August 20, 2006
    and one last one...
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2006
    The first one:
    • Setting looks very nice and muting the light on it allowed you to focus attention on the subject. Very nice.
    • Exposure is very nicely done.
    • The pose looks good too; a slightly "funny" tilt to his head and the hand at the ankle looks a little forced.
    No comments on the second.

The third
    • You have reduced the focus on the children by making them such an insignificant portion of photo.
    • You could have moved the camera position to allow the childern to occupy one of the "rules of thirds" positions and still kept some of the waterfall in the background.
    • You have the waterfall growing out the top of one of the children's head - very distracting.
    • Again, exposure is nicely done. With such a small image, though, it's hard to get a feel for the quality of the light used.
    edited August 20, 2006
    Thanks Scott! Any thoughts on how to reposition the head in the first shot? Down, up etc?