Vanity

rolandallenrolandallen Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
edited August 21, 2006 in Finishing School
I want to self-publish a photojournal. The two services that seem to be noted most are Lulu and MyPublisher.

Does anyone have experience with either or other suggestions?

Thanks!

Comments

• DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2006
    Roland, I moved your thread. The Hall of Wisdom is a place that a given thread needs to be nominated to, a thread that is so great that it belongs in the Hall of Wisdom.

It's Mac only, but I just ordered a book through iPhoto. It's my 3rd, and I've been really happy with the results.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • mwgricemwgrice Registered Users Posts: 383 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2006
    I want to self-publish a photojournal. The two services that seem to be noted most are Lulu and MyPublisher.

Does anyone have experience with either or other suggestions?

Thanks!

I made a calendar with Lulu last year for Christmas. I thought it turned out pretty well and I'll be doing it again this year. The folks on this forum seem reasonably happy with them, too, from what I can tell--apparently a lot of the pros use Lulu to sell calendars.

Depending on your budget, the size and format of your photojournal and the pricing model of whichever company you go with, it might be worthwhile to do a small-scale version just to see whether or not you're happy with what you get. Make sure you price it out first, though.
  • dancorderdancorder Registered Users Posts: 197 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2006
    I've not used any of these services myself but this thread might be useful:

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=38968
  • rolandallenrolandallen Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited August 21, 2006
    mwgrice wrote:
    I made a calendar with Lulu last year for Christmas. I thought it turned out pretty well and I'll be doing it again this year. The folks on this forum seem reasonably happy with them, too, from what I can tell--apparently a lot of the pros use Lulu to sell calendars.

Depending on your budget, the size and format of your photojournal and the pricing model of whichever company you go with, it might be worthwhile to do a small-scale version just to see whether or not you're happy with what you get. Make sure you price it out first, though.

Thanks!

- Roland