Options

Change style from Menu

aboutRomulusaboutRomulus Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
I don't know if I should post this in API, Javascript or Customizing, so I'll start alphabetically. I want everything in my navBar including the ability for a user to click on a menu item and choose the gallery style. I realize that there is a button for this but, I would like to be just a little anal about this. My "theory" is that when a user clicks on a style button from my menu somehow the URL of the current gallery will be selected and the number corresponding to the style appended and then the "amended" URL will be reloaded so the chosen gallery style appears.

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2006
    I don't know if I should post this in API, Javascript or Customizing, so I'll start alphabetically. I want everything in my navBar including the ability for a user to click on a menu item and choose the gallery style. I realize that there is a button for this but, I would like to be just a little anal about this. My "theory" is that when a user clicks on a style button from my menu somehow the URL of the current gallery will be selected and the number corresponding to the style appended and then the "amended" URL will be reloaded so the chosen gallery style appears.
    you can, via url, set the gallery style. So I suppose, via many links in the drop down navbar, have gallery links and gallery styles offered. Sounds messy though, doesn't it?
  • Options
    aboutRomulusaboutRomulus Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited August 20, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    you can, via url, set the gallery style. So I suppose, via many links in the drop down navbar, have gallery links and gallery styles offered. Sounds messy though, doesn't it?

That's why I want to pick up the current Gallery URL (link), change it and reload it. That way I only need the eight different style choices.
    Let me know the best way to go about this and I'll start figuring it out.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2006
    That's why I want to pick up the current Gallery URL (link), change it and reload it. That way I only need the eight different style choices.
    Let me know the best way to go about this and I'll start figuring it out.
    I can't, but perhaps one of our hackers can... stay tuned!
  • Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited August 25, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    I can't, but perhaps one of our hackers can... stay tuned!
    you can do it this way, in this case I have done it with a simple hyperlink but you can apply the same logic to your drop down menus...

<*a href="javascript:window.location='/homepage/templatechange.mg?TemplateID=10&origin='+window.location">
    test<*/a>

where possible values for TemplateID are...

7 - all thumbs
    10 - smugmug small
    3 - smugmug
    4 -traditional
    8 - slideshow
    9 - journal
    11 - filmstrip
    12 - critique
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos