Smugmug uploader installs but does not work

episodicepisodic Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
edited August 21, 2006 in SmugMug Support
The installer I'm talking about isn't the web based one, but the send to smugmug one written for windows xp. I have .net 1.1 and 2.0 and all the security updates. It installs fine. When I try to use it, simply put - nothing happens. The program is installed - it is almost just as if running it does absolutely nothing.

Thanks for any help, because the web based upload isn't going to cut it.

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2006
    episodic wrote:
    The installer I'm talking about isn't the web based one, but the send to smugmug one written for windows xp. I have .net 1.1 and 2.0 and all the security updates. It installs fine. When I try to use it, simply put - nothing happens. The program is installed - it is almost just as if running it does absolutely nothing.

You mean, SendToSmugMug? I'll see if I can get you some help.

wave.gif welcome to Dgrin!
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2006
    episodic wrote:

Are you using the right click, and then "Send to Smugmug" menu? ear.gif

Please let us know exactly how you are using it, thanks.
  • pat.kanepat.kane Registered Users Posts: 332 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2006
    episodic, there was a similar thread like yours a few weeks ago. I was going to point you to, but I couldn't find it.

The person was trying to upload files rather than a folder.

You need to open Windows Explorer (right click on Start menu and select Explore). Find the folder containing the images you want to upload. Right click on the FOLDER name and select Send to smugmug.

Sorry if this doesn't address your problem, but I figured it was best to start with the basics.
  • episodicepisodic Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
    edited August 20, 2006
    pat.kane wrote:
    episodic, there was a similar thread like yours a few weeks ago. I was going to point you to, but I couldn't find it.

The person was trying to upload files rather than a folder.

You need to open Windows Explorer (right click on Start menu and select Explore). Find the folder containing the images you want to upload. Right click on the FOLDER name and select Send to smugmug.

Sorry if this doesn't address your problem, but I figured it was best to start with the basics.
    Well the deal here is it installs.

I right click on a jpeg I want to upload and select 'send to smugmug' in the right click menu. Then absolutely nothing happens.

No program.
    No upload.
    Nada. . .
    edited August 20, 2006
    episodic wrote:
    Well the deal here is it installs.

I right click on a jpeg I want to upload and select 'send to smugmug' in the right click menu. Then absolutely nothing happens.

No program.
    No upload.
    Nada. . .

ALSO, I just REINSTALLED the .net 1.1, security update, and .net 2.0 frameworks and rebooted and it is still a nogo. Nothing happens.
    edited August 20, 2006
    Ok, one more thing. . .
    I just found out that if I right click a FOLDER, the program runs. Hmm. . .it says you can do it by file - but it will not work for me by file. Only by folder. . .. .

Strange. . .
    edited August 21, 2006
    episodic wrote:
    I just found out that if I right click a FOLDER, the program runs. Hmm. . .it says you can do it by file - but it will not work for me by file. Only by folder. . .. .

Strange. . .

So is this the behavior of this app - or SHOULD I be able to right click on an individual jpeg and send the pic that way to smugmug.
  • pat.kanepat.kane Registered Users Posts: 332 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2006
    I've never done it before, but I just checked and Send to Smugmug launches if I right click on a file. As my earlier message stated, the limitation of sending by folder only has been seen before.