Options

Fox News called me!!!!!!!

lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
edited December 3, 2004 in The Big Picture
Hey!!! Fox News just called me and wanted to do an interview re the Calender!! how cool is that.. I declined actually.. still coughing, barking actually blowing and snivelling... not my best for TV!!! How silly is this getting!!! I'm sooo excited just wanted to share.. to see a couple of the "calendar girls" shots (those who gave me permissions look here .

Comments

• Options
    damonffdamonff Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2004
    lynnma wrote:
    Hey!!! Fox News just called me and wanted to do an interview re the Calender!! how cool is that.. I declined actually.. still coughing, barking actually blowing and snivelling... not my best for TV!!! How silly is this getting!!! I'm sooo excited just wanted to share.. to see a couple of the "calendar girls" shots (those who gave me permissions look here .
    Awesome Lynn!!
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2004
    That is fantastic, Lynn. I didn't know you were sick either, sorry.

But great re Fox News. I wish you could have done it, would love to see it.

Love the calendar girls! I looked before, but I think you have added one. Were you the one who came up with the props? Very inventive.

Sooooo cool,
    ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2004
    Do the interview! They'll throw softball questions and you'll enjoy the experience and savor the memories. Don't let a stupid cold get in the way of a fun experience.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2004
    you go, girlfren' !
    lynnma wrote:

no b.s. excuses lynnie - get out there and promote thyself!
  • Options
    edited November 30, 2004
    andy wrote:
    no b.s. excuses lynnie - get out there and promote thyself!
    rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif I'm shy....:smooch

I don't need the glory... I have you guys!!!rolleyes1.gif Let the "Calendar Girls" have the limelight.. I'm happy to watch it all bloom from the sidelines..Hubby says I have to do it... so I will 1drink.gif
  • Options
    NirNir Registered Users Posts: 1,400 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2004
    Great Lynn! Congratulations!! clap.gif

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2004
    Nice! Congratulations on a job well done!
    Sorry to hear you had to decline.
    Next time maybe!
    Cheers1drink.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    edited November 30, 2004
    Nikolai wrote:
    Sorry to hear you had to decline.
    Next time maybe!
    Cheers1drink.gif
    Thanks Nikolai,
    Well.. Hubby has talked me into doing now.. so I caved in and said yesrolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    patch29patch29 Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,928 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2004
    Let us know when we can see you if it goes national. I can see you on the Fox Report with Sheppard Smith any minute. clap.gifthumb.gif
  • Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2004
    will somebody post an mpeg of the interview when it happens
    clap.gifclap
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2004
    Yes, Lynn, when, please. Don't do it "behind closed doors" so to speak. Let us all know.

ginger, YEAH HUBBY clap.gifclap.gif

and you, of course.thumb.gif
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    edited November 30, 2004
    ginger_55 wrote:
    Yes, Lynn, when, please. Don't do it "behind closed doors" so to speak. Let us all know.

ginger, YEAH HUBBY clap.gifclap.gif

and you, of course.thumb.gif
    I think it may be on Fox 25 tonight for a start... I really tried to get a plug in for dgrin? but I don't know if they'll use it... maybe on Fox 25 tonight 10pm... who knows....depends on what is better news.. she did say be prepared for more news people to call now it's out... how fun is this????rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited November 30, 2004
    gubbs wrote:
    will somebody post an mpeg of the interview when it happens
    clap.gifclap
    gubbsy darling if I don't look too too fat I'll post an mpeg for you rolleyes1.gif1drink.gif
  • Options
    edited November 30, 2004
    lynnma wrote:
    I think it may be on Fox 25 tonight for a start... I really tried to get a plug in for dgrin? but I don't know if they'll use it... maybe on Fox 25 tonight 10pm... who knows....depends on what is better news.. she did say be prepared for more news people to call now it's out... how fun is this????rolleyes1.gif
    Ah, OK, local. That makes sense.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,697 moderator
    edited November 30, 2004
    Ah,Lynn, I used to know you back when.... Please don't forget all of us peons here at dgrin in yoiur new career as Playboy photographer
    rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif

Congratulations Lynn. We all enjoyed hearing about yout trials and tribulations as you created lighting and props along the way. Well Done!! thumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gif
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2004
    lynnma wrote:
    gubbsy darling if I don't look too too fat I'll post an mpeg for you rolleyes1.gif1drink.gif
    I'll look forward to it then!!! :D
  • Options
    edited December 1, 2004
    gubbs wrote:
    I'll look forward to it then!!! :D
    It was on last night.. 10pm ... I had to stay up way past my bed time to be totally embarrased yet again. No Sid you were right.. it was fun and Fox 25 did a nice job and did'nt present us in anything other than a fun good thing.. So... I'll let you know when I'm doing 60 minutes shall I:roll Hey! they even shot my camera!! and had a close up of the dear thing... the whole thing lasted 3 mins... much too long...rolleyes1.gifohhh all this fame is much too much for me... let me go back under my mat where I belong...
  • Options
    PerezDesignGroupPerezDesignGroup Registered Users Posts: 395 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2004
    Excellent. That's something you can add to your resume and present to future clients. Down in miami, photogs rarely get featured at all so this was some great exposure imho. Great work and congrats! thumb.gif
    Canon Digital Rebel | Canon EOS 35mm | Yashica Electro GSN | Fed5B | Holga 35 MF

• Options
    edited December 1, 2004
    lynnma wrote:
    It was on last night.. 10pm ... I had to stay up way past my bed time to be totally embarrased yet again. No Sid you were right.. it was fun and Fox 25 did a nice job and did'nt present us in anything other than a fun good thing.. So... I'll let you know when I'm doing 60 minutes shall I:roll Hey! they even shot my camera!! and had a close up of the dear thing... the whole thing lasted 3 mins... much too long...rolleyes1.gifohhh all this fame is much too much for me... let me go back under my mat where I belong...
    Wow, 3 minutes is an eternity in local news. Great stuff, lynn!
    Sid.
  • Options
    edited December 1, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    Wow, 3 minutes is an eternity in local news. Great stuff, lynn!
    Thanks Sid... I only did cos everyone bugged me to...rolleyes1.gif thought I was safe cos it was on at 10pm last night? walked into the little diner for coffee this morning and was greeted with.... ha ha saw you on tv this morning...so.... the goulish nightmare continues..did I mention? slap bang in the middle of the screen and large as life was my shot of the ministers wife wearing nothing but cat ears and holding a trick or treat bag..... apparently the bishop has already called...really....1drink.gifroll
  • Options
    lynnesitelynnesite Registered Users Posts: 747 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2004
    lynnma wrote:

Congrats, nice work, enjoy the attention. Smart choice to go grayscale!
  • Options
    Tim KirkwoodTim Kirkwood Registered Users Posts: 900 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2004
    SUPER CONGRATS LYNN!!!!! I am glad that all this is going in the right direction for you!!! PLEASE OH PLEASE post a mpeg of this great event! I would really like to see it.

Congrats
    Tim
    www.KirkwoodPhotography.com

Speak with sweet words, for you never know when you may have to eat them....
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,910 moderator
    edited December 3, 2004
    lynnma wrote:
    Call 'em back and ask for a burger with the spot on it. I bet they'll do it.

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,910 moderator
    edited December 3, 2004
    lynnma wrote:
    That's really cool! Congratulations!
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?