Options

smugmug emergency maintenance 11/30 - 12/1

onethumbonethumb Administrators Posts: 1,269 Major grins
edited December 2, 2004 in SmugMug Support
As I've mentioned before, we occasionally get (short) intermittent outages at smugmug due to some obscure problem.

I've iterated, over the last few months, through various solutions and changes, and none have (yet) worked. I think, however, that I may have narrowed the problem down.

As a test, I'll be taking smugmug down for a few minutes after midnight PST this evening / tomorrow morning to verify the source of the problem.

I don't expect the outage to last any longer than an hour, and possibly much less.

Thanks,

Don

Comments

• Options
    edited November 30, 2004
    FYI, more information about our infrequent outages I've been tracking down can be found half-way down this thread .
  • Options
    edited December 1, 2004
    ... This maintenance has been delayed a day due to sysadmin exhaustion during the time in question. :)

New ETA: Late night 12/1 through early morning 12/2, PST.
  • Options
    marlinspikemarlinspike Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2004
    onethumb wrote:
    ... This maintenance has been delayed a day due to sysadmin exhaustion during the time in question. :)

New ETA: Late night 12/1 through early morning 12/2, PST.
    Does this have anything to why my stats page is so slow to open today?
  • Options
    edited December 2, 2004
    onethumb wrote:
    As I've mentioned before, we occasionally get (short) intermittent outages at smugmug due to some obscure problem.

I've iterated, over the last few months, through various solutions and changes, and none have (yet) worked. I think, however, that I may have narrowed the problem down.

As a test, I'll be taking smugmug down for a few minutes after midnight PST this evening / tomorrow morning to verify the source of the problem.

I don't expect the outage to last any longer than an hour, and possibly much less.

Thanks,

Don

All done. Didn't go quite as I planned (does it ever?), but I think I may have a solution in place.

Cross those fingers...

Don
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2004
    You got me on a last one
    I was finishing testing my app (Smugmug Explorer:-), when around midnight I got a weird error.
    I told it to open the gallery and, bang, got the maintainance window...

Oh well, you guys saved me from another all night date with my PC:-) Anyway I was tired;-), so you've probably saved me from doing something stupid to it, too:-)

Cheers1drink.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2004
    onethumb wrote:
    All done. Didn't go quite as I planned (does it ever?), but I think I may have a solution in place.

Cross those fingers...

Don
    thumb.gif Sometimes a night laying around watching TV is a good thing... didn't notice a thing. :D
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au