Options

Challenge 27 critique please - thanks

lambadlambad Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
edited December 2, 2004 in The Dgrin Challenges
What do you think of the following two photos for this shadow challenge? I'd appreciate any critique. Thanks.

Maggie-Mae - A
12082917-M.jpg

Maggie-Mae - B
12082918-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2004
    lambad wrote:
    What do you think of the following two photos for this shadow challenge? I'd appreciate any critique. Thanks.

Maggie-Mae - A

Maggie-Mae - B
    I love them both as shots.. I think tho the focus is more on the doggies than the shadows.. just my 2 cents.. others may disagree.ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    edited November 30, 2004
    Ok, i see that you're right because that's exactly how/why they were taken (not taken with a "shadow" challenge in mind). Also, the black shadows all around the edges of each photo don't stand out(?) because of the dg black background. End result... these two "point-and-shoot" shots are good but no cigar for shadow emphasis. I am a lazy person. Thanks, lynnma.
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2004
    lambad wrote:
    Ok, i see that you're right because that's exactly how/why they were taken (not taken with a "shadow" challenge in mind). Also, the black shadows all around the edges of each photo don't stand out(?) because of the dg black background. End result... these two "point-and-shoot" shots are good but no cigar for shadow emphasis. I am a lazy person. Thanks, lynnma.
    Oh you've taken them down? leave them up there Lambad, they are nice shots...
  • Options
    edited November 30, 2004
    No, they're still there, didn't take them down. Wonder why you don't see them. Think I'll log off and on again and see if they disappear for me too.
  • Options
    edited November 30, 2004
    still there for me..........
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2004
    I see them. Love them as shots of "light". I wanted this subject so bad, now I am afraid of it, too.

Wouldn't it be cool if your dog were named shadow.rolleyes1.gif

Oh, well, I haven't even started yet.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited December 2, 2004
    I'm only seeing shot B - but would agree with what Ginger said... I get light from that, not shadows. There are shadows there, but I don't focus on them, I focus on the subject - the doggie :D
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    lukiedukielukiedukie Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
    edited December 2, 2004
    love the picture and the feeling of the whole shot. It's wonderful!!