Options

Fixing fire photos

Red BullRed Bull Registered Users Posts: 719 Major grins
edited November 30, 2004 in Technique
I had a beach fir last night and took some photos. When I looked at them on the computer, the base of the fire was a glowing purple instead of glowing orange. How would I fix this? :scratch

P.S. I have Photoshop Elements

Edit: Here is the photo (Click to enlarge) purplefire.th.jpg
-Steven

http://redbull.smugmug.com

"Money can't buy happiness...But it can buy expensive posessions that make other people envious, and that feels just as good.":D

Canon 20D, Canon 50 1.8 II, Canon 70-200 f/4L, Canon 17-40 f/4 L, Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro, Canon 430ex.

Comments

• Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2004
    Red Bull wrote:
    I had a beach fir last night and took some photos. When I looked at them on the computer, the base of the fire was a glowing purple instead of glowing orange. How would I fix this? headscratch.gif

P.S. I have Photoshop Elements

Edit: Here is the photo (Click to enlarge) purplefire.th.jpg
    I think, not sure, that it is a cromatic aberation. I looked at it and used a change color option and some cloning. While this will take a little work I think it will do the job.

The screen copy was way too small for me to do more that a quick test, or I would have posted the results.

Sam
  • Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2004
    Sam wrote:
    I think, not sure, that it is a cromatic aberation. I looked at it and used a change color option and some cloning. While this will take a little work I think it will do the job.

The screen copy was way too small for me to do more that a quick test, or I would have posted the results.

Sam
    Is this any better? did a little cloning, a little selective hue adjustment, a little burning...and well, i don't really remember. 1drink.gif
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson