Options

Praise for the Smugmug Team

CindyCindy Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
edited August 22, 2006 in SmugMug Support
:clap Just wanted to share my experience today and extend a big public thank you to John & the entire smugmug team.

I spent allmost 2 hours entering a rather strange order today. A friend/customer sent me a hand written order (photo filenames with a total of 95 photos). She is terrified to order anything on-line as are many of my customers so I was ordering for her. Many of her photos were duplicates & triplets but she didn't have them listed that way and of course I didn't even notice until I was half way done entering her order. I guess she was figuring seperatly for various family and friends. Since the cart doesn't show the filenames I couldn't tell which ones to dup &/or not to dup. (Feature request by the way ;)

I have all my galleries set to default 'true' color but after going through the whole order process I noticed on the confirmation page that one of her 16x20 prints was set to auto... yikes. If it had been a 4x6 I wouldn't have minded but a 16x20... I didn't want to chance it. Not sure how that gallery got changed but it's fixed now.

Anyhow to get to the point... :rofl
I e-mailed smugmug help and after several e-mails back and forth with John he got my order all straightened out. Had to delete the order but my praise goes to John exspecailly because he took the time to duplicate the entire order (with corrections) for me so I wouldn't have to. I'm not sure if it was time consuming for him or not but for me... I knew I didn't want to spend 2 hours going through all that again for one little/big missed auto setting. Thanks John & thank you smugmug. You'll are the best. :clap :clap :clap
Cindy Colbert (Utterback) • Wishing You Co-Bear Love, Hugs & Laughter!!!

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2006
    Cindy wrote:
    clap.gif Just wanted to share my experience today and extend a big public thank you to John & the entire smugmug team.

I spent allmost 2 hours entering a rather strange order today. A friend/customer sent me a hand written order (photo filenames with a total of 95 photos). She is terrified to order anything on-line as are many of my customers so I was ordering for her. Many of her photos were duplicates & triplets but she didn't have them listed that way and of course I didn't even notice until I was half way done entering her order. I guess she was figuring seperatly for various family and friends. Since the cart doesn't show the filenames I couldn't tell which ones to dup &/or not to dup. (Feature request by the way ;)

I have all my galleries set to default 'true' color but after going through the whole order process I noticed on the confirmation page that one of her 16x20 prints was set to auto... yikes. If it had been a 4x6 I wouldn't have minded but a 16x20... I didn't want to chance it. Not sure how that gallery got changed but it's fixed now.

Anyhow to get to the point... rolleyes1.gif
    I e-mailed smugmug help and after several e-mails back and forth with John he got my order all straightened out. Had to delete the order but my praise goes to John exspecailly because he took the time to duplicate the entire order (with corrections) for me so I wouldn't have to. I'm not sure if it was time consuming for him or not but for me... I knew I didn't want to spend 2 hours going through all that again for one little/big missed auto setting. Thanks John & thank you smugmug. You'll are the best. clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Thanks Cindy - it's means a lot to hear it back from our customers :D

You've made our whole company smile - and I've also made sure that everyone has seen this!

Cheers
  • Options
    redcrownredcrown Registered Users Posts: 60 Big grins
    edited August 22, 2006
    Please tell, how did you set your galleries to default to "true color." I looked for that earlier and thought it was not possible.

I suspect it's a feature for only "Pro" accounts?
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2006
    redcrown wrote:
    I suspect it's a feature for only "Pro" accounts?

It is indeed, a pro account feature only.

http://www.smugmug.com/help/picture-storage
    http://www.smugmug.com/help/too-red

I hope this helps! Holler if we can help further, thanks.