More from the Air and Water Show

gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
edited August 23, 2006 in Holy Macro
Here are a couple more from the show. Before the Air show there were some jetskiers from the Shell Extreme Water Show. They were pretty neat and did jumps and flips off the waves.

89875814-L.jpg

I liked this shot of Fat Albert, the plane that the Blue Angels travel in. You can see the trails from the props.
89875069-L.jpg
Nick
SmugMug Technical Account Manager
Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
nickwphoto

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2006
    gluwater wrote:
    Here are a couple more from the show. Before the Air show there were some jetskiers from the Shell Extreme Water Show. They were pretty neat and did jumps and flips off the waves.

I liked this shot of Fat Albert, the plane that the Blue Angels travel in. You can see the trails from the props.

Hi there Nik.......... okay tell me something......... the guy on the jetski...
    Did he land upright? or did he fall off rolleyes1.gif that is a great capture.
    How close to him were you?? and what lens were you able to capture that with Nik ??

The Plane shot is rather cool with the wavey jet stream coming off the Props......... nice work............ Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2006
    Skippy wrote:
    Hi there Nik.......... okay tell me something......... the guy on the jetski...
    Did he land upright? or did he fall off rolleyes1.gif that is a great capture.
    How close to him were you?? and what lens were you able to capture that with Nik ??

The Plane shot is rather cool with the wavey jet stream coming off the Props......... nice work............ Skippy (Australia)
    I believe this guy landed upright but a couple of the guys that tried to do backflips weren't so lucky. I was a couple hundred feet away and I was using the 400 f/5.6 with Tamron 1.4TC. I have a wide angle shot I toko that I'll post when I get home that shows how far I was from teh beach. Thanks for looking Skippy. I'll try to post some more of the jetskis tonight.
    Nick
    nickwphoto
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2006
    Wow 1st one is amazing i loved it
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
    edited August 23, 2006
    Thanks Awais, that is my favorite from the jet ski shots I got.
    Nick
    nickwphoto
    edited August 23, 2006
    Here are a couple more shots from the Shell Extreme Water show.

90124005-L.jpg

90124090-L.jpg

Here is a shot of the beach in front of us. The jet skis were riding right in front of us but we were pretty far away.

90128078-L.jpg
    Nick
    nickwphoto