Options

Help - Customer cannot download!

BeltzClanBeltzClan Registered Users Posts: 125 Major grins
edited August 22, 2006 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
My account name is jamesbeltz.smugmug.com

My customer order number is 160528

Customer got the confirmation email and clicked on the link provided to go download her image. She was promted for an email address and password. She did not recall creating a password. There is no link on that page to click if you dont not remember your password. Customer sent email to [EMAIL="help@smugmug"]help@smugmug[/EMAIL] and got the following reply - "Hello Kathie - if we did not ask you to set a password, then you probably already have an account with us. Try loggin in to the site first with that and then going to view your order." But customer does not have an account with Smugmug. Nor was she logged in under me or another smugmug user when she made her purchase. She is just a guest at the wedding that wanted to purchase some prints. Please advise as soon as possible.

James Beltz

Comments

• Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2006
    Your #1 fix-it man, Andy is away right now, so the best help I can give you is for YOU to mail smugmug help

http://www.smugmug.com/help/emailreal

and for you to state clearly what happened, how their answer is unacceptable and ask them for help. You will get a response very shortly. They've got superior support in general, even if that one answer fell short. Be clear, about what you need and they'll do whatever it takes to make it work.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    edited August 22, 2006
    Thanks. I did that and have not gotten a reply yet. I usually get a response back in no time, but in this case did not. So I thought I would hit the forum as well.
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2006
    BeltzClan wrote:
    Thanks. I did that and have not gotten a reply yet. I usually get a response back in no time, but in this case did not. So I thought I would hit the forum as well.

How long has it been?
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    edited August 22, 2006
    DavidTO wrote:
    How long has it been?

About 3 hours now. Since you are replying, can you help? I am assuming that since you are replying you have some pull.
  • Options
    AnneMcBeanAnneMcBean Registered Users Posts: 503 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2006
    BeltzClan wrote:
    About 3 hours now. Since you are replying, can you help? I am assuming that since you are replying you have some pull.

Hi! I can help. I'm on the help desk right now actually, and we have no messages in the cue. headscratch.gif

Did you check your bulk folder in case our reply got caught in there? I'm not sure which email address you used to contact us, so I'd have a hard time tracking down your initial email. I can help your customer however. Give me a few minutes more and I'll have an answer for you thumb.gif

-Anne
  • Options
    edited August 22, 2006
    BeltzClan wrote:
    My account name is jamesbeltz.smugmug.com

My customer order number is 160528

Customer got the confirmation email and clicked on the link provided to go download her image. She was promted for an email address and password. She did not recall creating a password. There is no link on that page to click if you dont not remember your password. Customer sent email to help@smugmug and got the following reply - "Hello Kathie - if we did not ask you to set a password, then you probably already have an account with us. Try loggin in to the site first with that and then going to view your order." But customer does not have an account with Smugmug. Nor was she logged in under me or another smugmug user when she made her purchase. She is just a guest at the wedding that wanted to purchase some prints. Please advise as soon as possible.

James Beltz
    Hi James,

I was able to find your email and (my!) response. You emailed at 11:16 EST requesting "Please help me fix this and understand what happened so I can better prep my customers in advance." and I responded at 11:42 EST with this:

"Thanks for contacting SmugMug. I'm so sorry for the trouble! Unless your customer was signed in as a SmugMug account holder, they were required to create a password when placing the order.
    I've put in a request to have a "password-reset" feature for orders. In the meantime, you can let your customers know that they'll need to remember the email address and password used to place the order.
    For the customer who has forgotten, please have them email us and we'll get them sorted out!"

I'm sorry if that was confusing to you. You had asked how you can better prep your customers, so I suggested letting them know they'll need to remember the email address and password they use when they place an order.

For the current problem, I asked that you have the customer email us at help@smugmug.com so we can help them!

-Anne
  • Options
    edited August 22, 2006
    DavidTO wrote:
    Your #1 fix-it man, Andy is away right now, so the best help I can give you is for YOU to mail help@smugmug.com and for you to state clearly what happened, how their answer is unacceptable and ask them for help. You will get a response very shortly. They've got superior support in general, even if that one answer fell short. Be clear, about what you need and they'll do whatever it takes to make it work.

Thanks for helping out while Andy is away. Thanks, too for the compliment!

-Anne
  • Options
    edited August 22, 2006
    AnneMcBean wrote:
    Thanks for helping out while Andy is away. Thanks, too for the compliment!

-Anne

My spam filter grabbed your email. Knew something was wrong. You have always been so quick before.

My fault for doubting.

Thank you so much for helping. My customer was thrilled with the help they recieved. Your customer service to my customers is vital to repeat buisiness for me. It is repeatedly clear the you realize this. God bless you guys! It is instances like this that make me so happy that I chose to go with your guys. It is for this reason, and for the reason that you continually try to add features and services to your site, that will keep me. Thank you sooooo very much!

Jimmy Beltz.
  • Options
    edited August 22, 2006
    BeltzClan wrote:
    My spam filter grabbed your email. Knew something was wrong. You have always been so quick before.

My fault for doubting.

Thank you so much for helping. My customer was thrilled with the help they recieved. Your customer service to my customers is vital to repeat buisiness for me. It is repeatedly clear the you realize this. God bless you guys! It is instances like this that make me so happy that I chose to go with your guys. It is for this reason, and for the reason that you continually try to add features and services to your site, that will keep me. Thank you sooooo very much!

Jimmy Beltz.

Thanks! clap.gif

We're glad to hear you're sticking around :D

-Anne