So i said to him i said....your BO would kill a billygoat

gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
edited December 1, 2004 in Wildlife
.11909882-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    edited December 1, 2004
    So he calls his big mate over....you remember him..that bloke we always said had turrets & that crazy look in his eyes.

11909895-M.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 1, 2004
    His other two mate were out cold...well i wasnt sure about the bloke at the back at all.

12067427-M.jpg
  • Options
    bikehikerbikehiker Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
    edited December 1, 2004
    Nice shots Humungus, Enjoyed the morning smile.
  • Options
    NirNir Registered Users Posts: 1,400 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2004
    Great shots! 'Big mate' especially!!

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2004
    Cool Humungus! Love those big hazel eyes.iloveyou.gif

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    edited December 1, 2004
    Thanks everyone. It was at Steve Irwins Australia Zoo about an hour north of me. I saw on the news last night that he is opening one in California. I dont like zoos ...but i dont think i have ever see a more tidy well kept place.

I really wanted to get a shot of this fella the Cassowary but he was in the shadows & it was a bright day...& guess what ? I cut his blooming head off as well. They have killed humans in the past & weight up to 80kg (176 lb). Their numbers fell dramatically early on as they live in the real thick rainforest but that should slow now with all the rainforest protection in place.

11909868-M.jpg

I cannot for the life of me remember this blokes real name. We called them Paddymelons when we were kids. Just like a very small wallaby.

He was hard to see until i used a flash.

11909901-M.jpg

Eastern Tiger Snake. Very hard to get an even shot through the glass. I just guessed my distance & used manual focus.

11909908-M.jpg

Eastern Brown

This is the one that got me when i was a kid..lightning fast in strike & ground speed, you would need a head start to outrun one (which we did as kids waiting for the school bus on many a day). His claim to fame is the 2nd or 3rd most dangerous here.

11909905-M.jpg

What we called a 'Rat Trap' on the farm. A friendly old python. They look so greasy but have a beautiful texture to touch..dry & smooth.

11909913-M.jpg