Buttons missing in Firefox

iefarleyiefarley Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
edited August 23, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I hope this is the right place to post...
I'm not sure just what is the problem. I'm a basic Smugmug user. When I'm working in Firefox (my preference) on any page with the Smugmug default colors (black background, etc), the buttons for Save, Cancel, etc do not show. Also, at the top of a gallery, the ones for Add Photo, Theme, etc don't show. When I mouse over them, my mouse shows a change so I know it's detecting a button there, but there's nothing visually to show what I'm clicking on.
If I go to Internet Explorer, the buttons show up just fine. But I sure don't like to use IE...
Help! :confused
I'm not a programmer, but I'm a pretty good user!

Comments

• javier.rinaldijavier.rinaldi Registered Users Posts: 210 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2006
    iefarley wrote:
    I'm not sure just what is the problem. I'm a basic Smugmug user. When I'm working in Firefox (my preference) on any page with the Smugmug default colors (black background, etc), the buttons for Save, Cancel, etc do not show. Also, at the top of a gallery, the ones for Add Photo, Theme, etc don't show. When I mouse over them, my mouse shows a change so I know it's detecting a button there, but there's nothing visually to show what I'm clicking on.
    If I go to Internet Explorer, the buttons show up just fine. But I sure don't like to use IE...

what is your website address?
    Jav

Creator of: SmugManager

"There's no dark side or the moon, really. Matter of fact it's all dark..."
  • iefarleyiefarley Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited August 23, 2006
    what is your website address?
    iefarley.smugmug.com
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2006
    Hi, do this in your firefox preferences:
    http://www.dgrin.com/showpost.php?p=344218&postcount=8

I hope this helps!
    edited August 23, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Hi, do this in your firefox preferences:
    http://www.dgrin.com/showpost.php?p=344218&postcount=8

I hope this helps!

I think you (and the original poster) mean that the "for originating website only" box should be UNchecked, right??

It's already unchecked, with the main one right above it checked.

Any other ideas?? I DO have a very quirky Norton right now (has been quirky ever since I upgraded to '06).
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2006
    iefarley wrote:
    Any other ideas?? I DO have a very quirky Norton right now (has been quirky ever since I upgraded to '06).
    That'll do it, Try Turning it off and see.
  • SheafSheaf Registered Users, SmugMug Product Team Posts: 775 SmugMug Employee
    edited August 23, 2006
    iefarley wrote:

Are you running Adblock?
    SmugMug Product Manager
    edited August 23, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    That'll do it, Try Turning it off and see.
    Which part of Norton? The antivirus or firewall or ?? I'm a bit nervous to as I just found the first virus in YEARS on my computer yesterday (well, OK, it WAS on a flash drive)...
    edited August 23, 2006
    Sheaf wrote:
    Are you running Adblock?
    I've not heard of that name. But I think Norton has an ad blocking component. But it doesn't block it in IE...