Leaking news about Canon 400D

2»

Comments

• colourboxcolourbox Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2006
    cmason wrote:
    It isnt the LCD itself, but how it works and the use: the 30D's LCD can be turned off, and doesnt interfere with the viewfinder. On the 350, the LCD lights whenever you adjust a setting (like ISO, or whitebalance), making it harder to see in the viewfinder, esp at night. The 30D has these key items at the top, away from the viewfinder.

Thanks you guys, from this thread and the other 400D thread where there's been a similar discussion, I've learned a lot about why people prefer different display configurations and where both Nikon and Canon get it right and wrong.

I understand about the second wheel. I've been aware of it and its advantages, but since the post said "no wheel" I thought it claimed the Rebels had no wheel at all. I would love to have the convenience of that second wheel...but decided to put the money into the lenses.
  • cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2006
    colourbox wrote:
    Thanks you guys, from this thread and the other 400D thread where there's been a similar discussion, I've learned a lot about why people prefer different display configurations and where both Nikon and Canon get it right and wrong.

I understand about the second wheel. I've been aware of it and its advantages, but since the post said "no wheel" I thought it claimed the Rebels had no wheel at all. I would love to have the convenience of that second wheel...but decided to put the money into the lenses.

BTW, I own and love my Rebel XT...there are things I wish it had, that the 30D has, but I am very happy with my camera. I am a big fan of the size, I don't want something quite so large. The 400D looks very exciting, the LCD is great, and the dust removal is nice. 10Mpixels? Eh, dont need em.