SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
edited August 26, 2006 in People
90248253-L.jpg

90248415-L.jpg

90248394-L.jpg

Comments

• Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2006
    First shot is a winner. It probably could use more space on the left, but it is still excellent capture as it is.
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited August 23, 2006
    Thanks Ted. She was a great subject and never even glanced at me. I had to crop it to remove the partial body of the man she was talking to. Might work better as a more square crop in order to get some more space on the left. I'll post the full frame original later and solicit ideas to re-crop it.
    edited August 23, 2006
    Here's the full frame and a few others from the day.

90259292-L.jpg

90259297-L.jpg

90258853-L.jpg
  • DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2006
    I love the first one and second one.
    edited August 24, 2006
    Any opinons on the two shots of the adorable (and I mean that sincerely) old woman? Full frame, original crop or a re-crop?
  • Mr. 2H2OMr. 2H2O Registered Users Posts: 427 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2006
    Chad,
    Its really hard to say - they both have merit. The original crop really focuses on her precious facial expression - alone that is a wonderful point.

The original full frame gives her expression a reference because of the sleeve/arm but that does not distract since its not in focus. BUT in the full frame, you can examine more information because the sleeve/arm tells you there is more to the story - the wad of keys in her hand that show ancient keys plus modern keys...and lots of them...it gives a sense of a mature women who holds tightly to a past history that most of us have never experienced - breeds more depth than the original crop.

Mike
    Olympus E-30
    IR Modified Sony F717
    http://2H2OPhoto.smugmug.com
  • THE TOUCHTHE TOUCH Registered Users Posts: 535 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2006
    truth - great candids! I like the 1st one of the older women. It really makes you wonder - what she's smiling about? Where is she looking? It's great to see the expression on her face.

I really like the last picture you posted with the exchange in money. You captured the entire event in one image - the produce, the bag full of produce, the money exchange, and the buyer with their purse. Great job! I also like how you can't see the buyers face, showing more emphasis on the older man - great job on this one!!!thumb.gif
    Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein :bash

- Kevin
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2006
    truth wrote:

Hi there Truth......... I like all three Shots thumb.gif
    There is always something in life worth smiling about :D nice work.
    Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin