Motocross Playing with Panning

jwashburnjwashburn Registered Users Posts: 476 Major grins
edited August 27, 2006 in Sports
90363650-M.jpg

90442587-M.jpg

Comments

• illuminati919illuminati919 Registered Users Posts: 713 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2006
    These are pretty good panning shoots, I like the roost :D , just try to add some more contrast in PS.
    ~~~www.markoknezevic.com~~~

Setup: One camera, one lens, and one roll of film.
  • jwashburnjwashburn Registered Users Posts: 476 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2006
    These are pretty good panning shoots, I like the roost :D , just try to add some more contrast in PS.

Thanks. I am always a little hesitant to do work in Photoshop. I feel a little guilty, like I should have just taken a better photograph.

Ill play with it a bit
  • HarveyMushmanHarveyMushman Registered Users Posts: 550 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2006
    jwashburn wrote:
    Thanks. I am always a little hesitant to do work in Photoshop. I feel a little guilty, like I should have just taken a better photograph.

Ill play with it a bit

You're not alone. But eventually you'll cave and allow yourself some minor edits. :D
    Tim
  • mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2006
    jwashburn wrote:
    Understandable. But don't forget that in the days of film a lot of work was done to images in the darkroom. I feel that doing the same type of things to an image in Photoshop is perfectly acceptable, if not necessary. Consider this night motocross shot.

RAW conversion with no adjustments:
    91175313-M-0.jpg

Now with adjustments to exposure, brightness and constrast, plus noise reduction and sharpening, which really isn't "much" Photoshopping:
    91175165-M-0.jpg

I'll admit I'm still learning when to "stop". When is the exposure adjustment too much? How to balance noise reduction versus sharpening? Etc.
    Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
    A former sports shooter
    Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
    My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu