Category Rename Problems

jc-studiosjc-studios Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited August 25, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Hi,
I have renamed a category today. Smugmug page only shows my old catagory name. I click on it, it returns to my home page. I have refresh the page a few times. It happens only when I am logged in. When I log out, it is fine. Now I can not access my albums in that category while logged in. Can you help? :scratch

I am using IE 6
Old category - JC Gallery
New - JC Studios Gallery
Smugmug account - JC-Studios

Thanks, JC

Comments

• BarbBarb Administrators Posts: 3,352 SmugMug Employee
    edited August 24, 2006
    jc-studios wrote:
    Hi,
    I have renamed a category today. Smugmug page only shows my old catagory name. I click on it, it returns to my home page. I have refresh the page a few times. It happens only when I am logged in. When I log out, it is fine. Now I can not access my albums in that category while logged in. Can you help? headscratch.gif

I am using IE 6
    Old category - JC Gallery
    New - JC Studios Gallery
    Smugmug account - JC-Studios

Thanks, JC

Hi wave.gif

I see the new gallery. You might want to empty your cache and temp files and see if that fixes it.
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • AnneMcBeanAnneMcBean Registered Users Posts: 503 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2006
    Barb wrote:
    Hi wave.gif

I see the new gallery. You might want to empty your cache and temp files and see if that fixes it.

15524779-Ti.gif

-Anne
  • jc-studiosjc-studios Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited August 25, 2006
    Thanks for trying
    Thank You! I got an answer from Josh at help@smugmug.com. I got a temporary solution to get around the problem.

The problem only happened when I logged in. Anyway, I have fixed the problem now.

Regards, JCthumb.gif
  • jc-studiosjc-studios Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited August 25, 2006
    Solution to the problem
    clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif This is the suggested solution if you encounter it. They said they will be fixing it soon.

"All you need to do is change your category name and then go back to your home page and use the arrange feature to move your categories around, save your change, and then change them back. "

Good Luck.

Regards, JC