The Return Of Football

FrankieAngFrankieAng Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
edited August 25, 2006 in Sports
Hello guys and gals,

It's football season again and I hope to see a bunch of gridiron images in this forum over the next few months. I have enjoyed viewing your images prior to becoming a member of DGrin and I hope now to contribute some decent images myself. Please feel free to offer your constructive critique, I am eager to learn how to shoot sports better...so please don't keep your knowledge and expertise to yourself. I'd like to think that we are all still learning to shoot better, even after all these years. Well, here's one from last season to share and I hope to post more of mine and view some of yours.
48745958.jpg
Frank
(Pbase supporter) www.pbase.com/eng45ine

Comments

• Frog LadyFrog Lady Registered Users Posts: 1,091 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2006
    Hey Frank, nice shot. Great colors and very crisp.

I too am looking forwards to the return of (the other) "football". One son has a tournament next week end and league play starts the weekend after for both of my boys. So, I'll show mine if you show yoursmwink.gif

C.
    Colleen
    check out my (sports) pics: ColleenBonney.smugmug.com

*Thanks to Boolsacho for the avatar photo (from the dgrin portrait project)
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2006
    Well, that's an excellent start, I'd say! Very nice.

I'd try to throw more light on his eyes, maybe using Shadows Highlights, or a Curves layer, or your favorite dodging technique.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • FrankieAngFrankieAng Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited August 25, 2006
    Thanks for the recommendation, Sid. I have to be honest, I am not the sharpest Crayon in the box when it comes to post processing. I think that I can shed some light on his face using the magic wand tool, then adjusting shadows. I appreciate your thoughts very much.
    Frank
    (Pbase supporter) www.pbase.com/eng45ine