Modern Day Pirate

FrankieAngFrankieAng Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
edited August 27, 2006 in People
I bicycled to the Tall Ships Festival along the Lake Michigan shoreline and came across this gentlemen. He was speaking to those who purchased tickets to board the vessel. I sure wish that he would have looked over my way, but I thought that he was cool looking regardless.
64799229.jpg
Frank
(Pbase supporter) www.pbase.com/eng45ine

Comments

• vangoghvangogh Registered Users Posts: 353 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2006
    FrankieAng wrote:
    I bicycled to the Tall Ships Festival along the Lake Michigan shoreline and came across this gentlemen. He was speaking to those who purchased tickets to board the vessel. I sure wish that he would have looked over my way, but I thought that he was cool looking regardless.
    64799229.jpg

I like this, you've got it so sharp and haven't blown the whites. Did you take any pics of the ships?
    Nicola
    Iconic Creative
    http://iconiccreative.smugmug.com

"To be creative means the ability to remain thirsty and to want more, never be content...you keep on seeing, discovering and understanding the joy of creativity"
    Raghu Rai
  • FrankieAngFrankieAng Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited August 26, 2006
    Thanks Nicola for your compliment on this image. I did shoot a few images of the ships, but not many...
    64799225.jpg
    64799226.jpg
    64799227.jpg
    64799228.jpg
    Here are a few that I shot that morning, nothing special, but I hope that you enjoy them.
    Frank
  • vangoghvangogh Registered Users Posts: 353 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2006
    Certainly did!! Thanks thumb.gif
    Nicola
    Iconic Creative
    http://iconiccreative.smugmug.com

"To be creative means the ability to remain thirsty and to want more, never be content...you keep on seeing, discovering and understanding the joy of creativity"
    Raghu Rai
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2006
    I would definitely try this is a sepia or b&w. He has such great texture and it's such a clear shot that it might give it that "aged" look and give more character to him. (If that's possible! Laughing.gif!)

Great capture! Gorgeous ships!
  • FrankieAngFrankieAng Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited August 27, 2006
    I would definitely try this is a sepia or b&w. He has such great texture and it's such a clear shot that it might give it that "aged" look and give more character to him. (If that's possible! Laughing.gif!)

Thanks for the great recommendation, Andi. I will give it a try today. Thanks for taking the time to view my image and offer your thoughts.
    Frank
  • pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,703 moderator
    edited August 27, 2006

I will be interested to see the B&W also, but I think the absence of the bright red in the hat may be missed. The red is a very important part of this image I suspect.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin