Category/Gallery query

MogMog Registered Users Posts: 128 Major grins
edited August 26, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Morning all,

New to these forums so go easy.

I've only recently setup my Smugmug site and am having an issue with Categories from the homepage.

I'll try to explaing this as best I can! I want a Category on my front/home page called Clouds, when you click on this I want it to take you directly into a Clouds gallery! At the moment I can only seem to creat a Category called Clouds and then within that I have to creat another subcategory that then contains my images!! Is there any way to go straight into a gallery from the homepage ? ( I'm sure I'm missing something very simple )

My smugmug site is http://mog.smugmug.com/

Please feel free to have a nosey and comment, I'm very new to the whole Smugmug/HTML experience and also very new to photography.

Many Thanks in advance

Simon

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2006
    Mog wrote:
    Morning all,

New to these forums so go easy.

I've only recently setup my Smugmug site and am having an issue with Categories from the homepage.

I'll try to explaing this as best I can! I want a Category on my front/home page called Clouds, when you click on this I want it to take you directly into a Clouds gallery! At the moment I can only seem to creat a Category called Clouds and then within that I have to creat another subcategory that then contains my images!! Is there any way to go straight into a gallery from the homepage ? ( I'm sure I'm missing something very simple )

My smugmug site is http://mog.smugmug.com/

Please feel free to have a nosey and comment, I'm very new to the whole Smugmug/HTML experience and also very new to photography.

Many Thanks in advance

Simon

Hi Simon,

There is. It seems that it might be buggy at the moment, I'm checking into it. Create new gallery, add the new category "Clouds" and then when you get to the add photos screen, you can either add photos right then, or you may click the link back to that gallery, and do other work. Your choice.