Varekai - Cirque du Soleil Gallery

Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
edited August 26, 2006 in People
For any one interested I have added Varekai - Cirque du Soleil Gallery to my website. All photos with canon 30d and Sigma 70-200 f/2.8, no flash was used. hand held so they are a bit blury at times.

http://www.digital-photo.com.au/2006/08/26/varekai-cirque-du-soleil/

Comments

• SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited August 26, 2006
    I've seen this show as well as several other productions. Always a magical night. How did you get access with the camera? Is it normal to allow photography? Only non-flash?

Very cool.
  • Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2006
    Entry to any event are subject to terms and conditions printed on the ticket. in this case the terms and conditions on the tickets stated that "photography may be prohibited" and not "is prohibited". No one challenged me taking photos. I'm not sure if I was lucky or they left me alone because I did not use flash.
    truth wrote:
    I've seen this show as well as several other productions. Always a magical night. How did you get access with the camera? Is it normal to allow photography? Only non-flash?

Very cool.
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2006
    They are great Ted...still have no idea how you got away with it. I have been to 3 shows & am booked for my 4th ..Varekai. Each time we were threatened with public floggings...bubonic plague & 200 hours of Happy Days re-runs if anyone so much as used the word 'camera'.

At the end of the last one an american teenage girl was in the seat in front of me & she stood up & aimed a camera without taking a shot that i was aware of. Two security grabbed the camera from her & they were all still screaming at each other 30 mins later out in the foyer. I thought they were a bit game taking it from her as it may constitute assault.

I assumed it was a © thing ne_nau.gif
  • Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2006
    I have not realised it is such a big issue with this circus until people started to post the questions on various forums.

I had my large backpack with camera, 3 lenses and a notebook. I have passed 2 security guards and 2 ticket gates - no one asked. You know 30d with a Sigma 70-200 and a hood is not a pocket camera.
    gus wrote:
    They are great Ted...still have no idea how you got away with it. I have been to 3 shows & am booked for my 4th ..Varekai. Each time we were threatened with public floggings...bubonic plague & 200 hours of Happy Days re-runs if anyone so much as used the word 'camera'.

At the end of the last one an american teenage girl was in the seat in front of me & she stood up & aimed a camera without taking a shot that i was aware of. Two security grabbed the camera from her & they were all still screaming at each other 30 mins later out in the foyer. I thought they were a bit game taking it from her as it may constitute assault.

I assumed it was a © thing ne_nau.gif