Dgrinner Holiday Card

tmlphototmlphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,444 Major grins
edited December 6, 2004 in Holy Macro
This was a test shot for our christmas card this year. The actual card is supposed to have our children with the hats. I guess this is my card for all you dgrinners. Lets see a card from everyone!

12189395-L.jpg
Thomas :D

TML Photography
tmlphoto.com

Comments

• tmlphototmlphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,444 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2004
    Here is my first attempt at a Christmas card for this year. I know not everyone is looking at the camera, but I kind of like it. I may have to cut and paste some heads otherwise. Can't seem to get everybody looking at the same direction at the same time.

12245949-L.jpg

Technical: f/11 1/250 ISO 100 50mm 3 - alien bee 800 flashes (left umbrella, right octagon soft box, rectangle soft box overhead)

TML Photography
    tmlphoto.com
  • DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2004
    Thomas, that's very nice! Taking pictures of kids is like herding cats. It doesn't bother me at all that they aren't looking at the camera. Cute family!
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2004
    tmlphoto wrote:
    Here is my first attempt at a Christmas card for this year. I know not everyone is looking at the camera, but I kind of like it. I may have to cut and paste some heads otherwise. Can't seem to get everybody looking at the same direction at the same time.

Technical: f/11 1/250 ISO 100 50mm 3 - alien bee 800 flashes (left umbrella, right octagon soft box, rectangle soft box overhead)
    I like the shot just the way it is. It seems more natural. Beats the heck out of all those staged vacant stare big tooth grin ones. :D

Sam
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2004
    Thomas, that is very nice. The two "sides" are both looking to the middle. If I can get that in a baptism photo, I am happy.

g

Happy hollidays, all. I may get to a card, but I hadn't planned on it. I am certainly not sending any. I should get one big card for e-mail. However, I would use a dog photo that every one has seen.

Or I know of another one.........no one has seen. And it is no one I know either, lol. Does that count?
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • tmlphototmlphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,444 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2004
    Thanks for the comments guys & gal. I went ahead and ordered the cards today from Ofoto. I don't think that smugmug has gotten the card thing worked out yet and I couldn't wait any longer. I have used Ofoto in the past and they have a very nice card product.

TML Photography
    tmlphoto.com
  • pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,694 moderator
    edited December 4, 2004
    tmlphoto wrote:

12245949-M.jpg

Very nicely done, Thomas. Nicely lit too. 1drink.gif
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Phil U.Phil U. Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2004
    tmlphoto wrote:
    I really like this. They look genuine and happy (something that's almost impossible to "stage"). The fact that the ones in the middle are looking at the camera and the ones on the outside are looking in gives it some symetry. The lighting is great - just enough shadow to add depth but not super constrasty. Nice job on this!
  • snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2004
    Good job Thomas. Beautiful family too! A very nice Christmas photo.
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • John MuellerJohn Mueller Registered Users Posts: 2,555 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2004
    Very nice! You must be very proud ylsuper.gif
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2004
    tmlphoto wrote:

12245949-L.jpg

That's a very sweet shot, tml. Nicely done! thumb.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • mgoundmgound Registered Users Posts: 108 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2004
    Beautiful! Thanks too for the technical specs
    Land on your right foot. Don't forget it!