Uploading q's

ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
edited August 27, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I have been using the green smuggy to upload and recently have a few questions:

1. I can no longer just drag and drop a file folder over there. I need to open the folder, edit - select all - and add photos. This takes one more step.

2. When I do this, the photos appear in any random order after uploading, not consecutively, as numbered by the camera. Why?? I would rather have them upload in the order they were taken so I can find and organize the better ones.

3. When I select all and load, random photos become missing. 98% load, but there is always one or two that simply vanish. I have to check the upload and readd the few that miss. Another second time through that adds time and conflict - why?

Thanks,

Zanotti
It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.

Comments

• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2006
    Zanotti wrote:
    I have been using the green smuggy to upload and recently have a few questions:

1. I can no longer just drag and drop a file folder over there. I need to open the folder, edit - select all - and add photos. This takes one more step.
    As far as i know, this has always been like this. Only the appropriate files (JPEG, GIF, PNG, MPEG1) can be dragged onto the green smuggy.
    Zanotti wrote:
    2. When I do this, the photos appear in any random order after uploading, not consecutively, as numbered by the camera. Why?? I would rather have them upload in the order they were taken so I can find and organize the better ones.
    It depends on what your setting for sorting is. Go into "customize gallery" and find the 'look & feel' section. You can select the method of sorting there.
    Zanotti wrote:
    3. When I select all and load, random photos become missing. 98% load, but there is always one or two that simply vanish. I have to check the upload and readd the few that miss. Another second time through that adds time and conflict - why?
    I assume you mean 'drag onto the green smuggy' when you say load? I have no idea why there would be photos missing to be honest. Are they of one of the accepted types of images? Is there a pattern you can find in the images that don't appear? Next time you upload photos, check to see what gallery you upload to, and what photos are missing, and let us know, maybe one of the smugmug people can have a look.

Hope this helps.