New subcat not showing up

brandofamilybrandofamily Registered Users Posts: 2,013 Major grins
edited August 31, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I created a sub cat under "Sports Images" . Name: Football: Regular Season 2006
It's not showing up... :scratch:dunno

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2006
    I created a sub cat under "Sports Images" . Name: Football: Regular Season 2006
    It's not showing up... headscratch.gifdunno

http://brandolinoimaging.smugmug.com/Sports%20Images

Has no such subcategory. It does have Football: Regular Season. And your control panel validates:
  • brandofamilybrandofamily Registered Users Posts: 2,013 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2006
    Andy wrote:

Has no such subcategory. It does have Football: Regular Season. And your control panel validates:

sorry. I removed it. my fault. I started reorganizing while I was waiting... New question...
    I renamed "Football: Regular Season 2005" to "Football; Regular Season"

The galleries have been automatically changed. But they do not show up in the subcat when I click on it...ne_nau.gif
    edited August 26, 2006
    Andy wrote:

Click either of the football subcats

http://www.brandolinoimaging.com/Sports%20Images
    edited August 26, 2006
    I e-mailed the help desk w/ this as I'm still having issues.... just to let you know what I've tried...
    I changed the category names on two cats w/o issue....
    I was also able to create a new gallery w/o issue...
    I tried to create a NEW subcat under Sports Images and then move the galleries to that new subcat... The subcat shows up on the category page, but is empty when opened... So I reverted them to the original subcat name. Just incase the help desk needs it that way...

I'm hoping to get this fixed... I have game pics to post from last night...
    edited August 26, 2006
    I e-mailed the help desk w/ this as I'm still having issues.... just to let you know what I've tried...
    I changed the category names on two cats w/o issue....
    I was also able to create a new gallery w/o issue...
    I tried to create a NEW subcat under Sports Images and then move the galleries to that new subcat... The subcat shows up on the category page, but is empty when opened... So I reverted them to the original subcat name. Just incase the help desk needs it that way...

I'm hoping to get this fixed... I have game pics to post from last night...

Anthony - try it without the : colon
    edited August 26, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    The old version had the colon also. The brand new subcat had no colon. But did have ( )
    I'll try one more w/o the ( )ne_nau.gif
    edited August 26, 2006
    Andy wrote:

Nope... Nada....ne_nau.gif This is really starting to blow.....1drink.gif
    edited August 26, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    I'm sure you're busy. But any other in sites.... I'm thinking the help desk is closed at this point and I have a number of galleries that are no longer easily accessable...:cry
    These are ones that get big hits... esp. w/ the start of HS f-ball season...
    edited August 26, 2006
    I'm sure you're busy. But any other in sites.... I'm thinking the help desk is closed at this point and I have a number of galleries that are no longer easily accessable...:cry
    These are ones that get big hits... esp. w/ the start of HS f-ball season...
    The help desk is not closed.

Can you give the subcat a new name,
    Football Regular Season 2006

and move the galleries to there?

There's no reason that your galleries shouldn't be able to be viewed...
    edited August 27, 2006
    Andy wrote:

I tried creating a new subcat... it did no good... it's like the pics are not getting re-tagged w/ the new subcat name.

My view sceme is what is keeping them from being viewed. I'm linking to the subcat... which I can not get to work...
    edited August 27, 2006
    Here's a funny bit... the thumbnail of the featured image shows up for the new subcat... just not the entire gallery...
    edited August 27, 2006
    Andy wrote:

One more bit that makes me think the pics are not getting re-tagged...
    I re-created the original subcat name... after it had been deleted... and the gallery appeared (as if from no where1drink.gif) in the re-created subcatne_nau.gif
    glitch in the SM system?
    edited August 27, 2006
    One more bit that makes me think the pics are not getting re-tagged...
    I re-created the original subcat name... after it had been deleted... and the gallery appeared (as if from no where1drink.gif) in the re-created subcatne_nau.gif
    glitch in the SM system?

Anthony, this could be buggy, we're trying to work that out now. In the meantime, can you put those galleries in a Category, not subcategory? ear.gif
  • {JT}{JT} Registered Users Posts: 1,016 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2006
    Here is the problem:

.category_Sports_Images #galleriesBox {display:none;}

Your CSS is telling the page not to display any of the galleries.
    edited August 27, 2006
    rolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gifI'm an idiot.... rolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gif

I never thought about that. I added lines of code to "re-format" the subcat pages. But had to add specific lines so the pages I had created would show... Then I changed the pages names (basically).... 2 quick deletions and I'm in business...
    edited August 27, 2006
    Sorry for wasting your time...:cry
  • ExposeTheMomentExposeTheMoment Registered Users Posts: 271 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2006
    I did a little adding of a subcat and or moving.

I found that if I have 5 galleries in a sub and it was renamed it did not show up. I had to go into each gallery costomize area and select from the drop down the new sub-cabcat name for it to move over.
    Gary Harfield
    Owner/Photographer
    Expose The Moment

Had a list of gear, now its to long, so lets say I have 2 bags and 15,000 worth of stuff.
  • dmcdmc Registered Users Posts: 427 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2006
    I did a little adding of a subcat and or moving.

I found that if I have 5 galleries in a sub and it was renamed it did not show up. I had to go into each gallery costomize area and select from the drop down the new sub-cabcat name for it to move over.

how did you find it, to customize it, if it wasn't showing up? headscratch.gif

I'm about to rename my subcat with 14 galleries in it... but I don't want them to vanish... should I just create a new subcat, then fix each gallery?
  • dmcdmc Registered Users Posts: 427 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2006
    dmc wrote:

I'm about to rename my subcat with 14 galleries in it... but I don't want them to vanish... should I just create a new subcat, then fix each gallery?

well, I went ahead and renamed my subcat which contained 14 galleries.... no problem, they all showed up under the "new" subcat name just like it said it would.
  • ExposeTheMomentExposeTheMoment Registered Users Posts: 271 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2006
    dmc wrote:

I was in the gallery under the old cat, and select the drop down and select the new cat. then the gallery moved and showed up under the new cat
    Gary Harfield
    Owner/Photographer
    Expose The Moment

Had a list of gear, now its to long, so lets say I have 2 bags and 15,000 worth of stuff.