Dragonfly Mating

SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
edited August 27, 2006 in Holy Macro
This was so cool today (the shoot). I'm pretty sure this is a type of dragonfly and as I was taking other shots, they flew right in on a leaf in front of me. Just so happened I could do macro :):

90835741-L.jpg

And another

90834593-L.jpg

This bee landed on one of my focused flower shots, so I started hunting for bees....I hope this isn't a sign of A.D.D. hahaahaha

90831692-L.jpg
Swartzy:
NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
www.daveswartz.com
Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552

Comments

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2006
    Nice macros loved them
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • TomaSTomaS Registered Users Posts: 314 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2006
    Really nice shots Schwartzy!clap.gif

I believe those are actually damselflys - their wings fold back which do not on dragonflys. Whatever, pretty cool captures especially #1 where both are in focus.

And the flower / bee image is so colorful and sharp. Really well done.thumb.gif
  • ForeheadForehead Registered Users Posts: 679 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2006
    Ohh! My VIRGIN eyes again, those first two! :banned
    Steve-o
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2006
    Swartzy wrote:
    This was so cool today (the shoot). I'm pretty sure this is a type of dragonfly and as I was taking other shots, they flew right in on a leaf in front of me. Just so happened I could do macro :):
    And another
    This bee landed on one of my focused flower shots, so I started hunting for bees....I hope this isn't a sign of A.D.D. hahaahaha

Yours are Damsel Fly's, not Dragonflies, and I personally think they are harder to shoot than Dragonflies because they are so tiny.

Your colours are really good, and you got lucky with a pair clap.gif

Your flower and bee shot are cool too........ yeah I hunt bees too, one of these days one of them is gonna get me rolleyes1.gif Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2006
    Thanks all
    I was fortunate enough to be in the right spot at the right time (so it is with a camera). I took around 30 or so shots from different angles. There is one other that looked good but not quite in focus. Macro is difficult getting it just right.

Damsel Flys....interesting. Thanks for the comments. I certainly am enjoying digigrin. There are so many new ideas and things to learn here. Off to find some rocks Laughing.gif. Nikolai wants rocks.....if I could only get the lens in my ear...........rolleyes1.gif
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552