Help with site Navigation Issue

NeptuneNeptune Registered Users Posts: 136 Major grins
edited August 27, 2006 in SmugMug Support
My site is www.OpticalTranquility.com and when I create three tiers of Galleries...Category, subcategory and the the gallery itself.

When I am in the final gallery? How do I go back or navigate through the site when the only thing listed is the present gallery and not pressing the browser back button?

I have noticed in other areas when Im not so deep, you have the path above the top left corner of the image but when you are at the last gallery, all you have is next/previous or slideshow but no other navigational links to go back to the gallery as a whole. or back to the subcategory without having to go all the way back to the home page.

I hope I didnt confuse anyone but the help would be nice.

Thanks a lot!

Comments

• BarbBarb Administrators Posts: 3,352 SmugMug Employee
    edited August 27, 2006
    Neptune wrote:
    My site is www.OpticalTranquility.com and when I create three tiers of Galleries...Category, subcategory and the the gallery itself.

When I am in the final gallery? How do I go back or navigate through the site when the only thing listed is the present gallery and not pressing the browser back button?

I have noticed in other areas when Im not so deep, you have the path above the top left corner of the image but when you are at the last gallery, all you have is next/previous or slideshow but no other navigational links to go back to the gallery as a whole. or back to the subcategory without having to go all the way back to the home page.

I hope I didnt confuse anyone but the help would be nice.

Thanks a lot!

Hi :)

Check your gallery customization and make sure that you have not checked yes for hide owner under security & privacy. Be sure and check no. That way you will have your customization and your navigation.
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • NeptuneNeptune Registered Users Posts: 136 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2006
    Barb wrote:
    Hi :)

Check your gallery customization and make sure that you have not checked yes for hide owner under security & privacy. Be sure and check no. That way you will have your customization and your navigation.

Barb,

Thanks a bunch! I went to your site and I like it a lot!

How did you create and then place the contact page and guest book???

I have two spaces available for links and those would be sweet to have.

Also in the same regards, how do you create a links page for affiliates and othe companies I would like to promote?

Thanks for your time!!!!
    Nate
    edited August 27, 2006
    Also,
    How do I sell panoramics off my site?

Thanks
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2006
    Neptune wrote:
    Also,
    How do I sell panoramics off my site?

Thanks

Hi Neptune

We don't have cut panos available in our cart, but you can, if you wish, sell your panos on 20x30 paper, with the no-crop option chosen.

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?p=263989#post263989
  • BarbBarb Administrators Posts: 3,352 SmugMug Employee
    edited August 27, 2006
    Neptune wrote:
    Barb,

Thanks a bunch! I went to your site and I like it a lot!

How did you create and then place the contact page and guest book???

I have two spaces available for links and those would be sweet to have.

Also in the same regards, how do you create a links page for affiliates and othe companies I would like to promote?

Thanks for your time!!!!
    Nate

Hi Nate :)

Thank you for your nice comment!

Check out these two links for help with HTML only pages and guestbook help:

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=18139&highlight=guest+book

http://www.dgrin.com/showpost.php?p=186127&postcount=19

Also, check out the Customization FAQ in my signature. Loads of info!
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
    edited August 27, 2006
    No problem!

I have a question for you Andy!

Of the shots that you have displayed on your site in the popular photos gallery...like the butterfly, the oldman in the chair playing his guitar or any of them for that matter, do you compose that shot or do you do post editing like cropping, tweeking colors and such???

I just have to ask because you are very talented with the camera and it gives me as well as many others a lot of inspiration to meet the standards that are set by you and others among you class of photographer.

How much extra work do you put into an image before you think it is ready for release into the public and how do you decide what is to be done with these fantastic works of art???

Thanks for your time and keep up the killer work,

Super Stoked

Thanks again Barb....I am not a code guru at all so Ill just leave it how it is. I see a lot of what I would like but its way to hard to create!