edited October 14, 2006 in People
Comments wellcome :scratch

witkacy.jpg

Comments

• ubergeekubergeek Registered Users Posts: 99 Big grins
    edited August 27, 2006
    antonjo wrote:
    Comments wellcome headscratch.gif
    I like the concept. I wonder if it would work with the foreground subject in focus as well, as there's something about the OOF that doesn't work for me. But I'll also be the first to point out that it's entirely a matter of taste. Nicely done.

Cheers,
    Jeremy

Jeremy Rosenberger

Zeiss Ikon, Nokton 40mm f/1.4, Canon 50mm f/1.2, Nokton 50mm f/1.5, Canon Serenar 85mm f/2
    Canon Digital Rebel XT, Tokina 12-24mm f/4, Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, Canon 50mm f/1.4

http://ubergeek.smugmug.com/

• photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2006
    I keep coming back to this... I love the concept, but am not sure about the execution. I'm thinking that if the girl were further back it might work better (still out of focus). I was so overwhelmed by her that I didn't notice the eyes on the wall for quite a while - and I think that should be seen faster.

I do love the concept, though! Can you try it again?
  • antonjoantonjo Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
    edited August 27, 2006
    Although there was enough light, to have apreture stopped down, untill all the plans were in focus. I decided to shoot it nearly wide open.
    Why I wanted to have such a DOF, and focus it on backgroud ?

If You devide Human - to soul and body, You can have clear message in here...by having the body out of focus, you point at her soul.
    If You need my suggestions, ask yourself If you can see "fear" in here...

:)

If You ask me can I repeat it ?
    I have to say - not so soon, because this place is kind of far away from the place I live
    Besides I realy like it, It is already hanging in my room

Regards .
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2006
    This is a great shot because you could make a million comments on it. There's so much there contextually, that it spurs the mind to think of all the other ways you could have shot it, things you could have tried, but in the end all that matter is it's a great shot because it makes the viewer think. It makes you think about the composition, DOF, and other photographic choices. It also makes you think about things beyond the surface of the image. For you, that's the soul of the woman, and perhaps all of us. For each of us it will be a different feeling we get from the shot. But it's a shot that makes us feel. Fantastic.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • illuminati919illuminati919 Registered Users Posts: 713 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2006
    This photo is great, not just some point and shoot that I see alot but it looks very executed and the concept is awesome. I would buy a print of that if I could .
    ~~~www.markoknezevic.com~~~

Setup: One camera, one lens, and one roll of film.
  • antonjoantonjo Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
    edited September 5, 2006
    no problem with buying the print :) if You still want it :)
    You can contact me via mail or my homepage ...

Thank You for your comments
    regards
  • leebaseleebase Registered Users Posts: 630 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2006
    I'm with the "don't like the out of focus" group. Not because oof isn't a useful composition tool...but it just doesn't work FOR ME in this case.

And rarely, IMO, does it work for the central and closest part of a composition to be oof.

Now, I DO love the girl covering her eyes with the background eyes staring at her. There is a lot of potential in this setup.

Lee
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited October 14, 2006
    saw this earlier and should have commented-

very neat and a great idea-