Mac OS 10.4 with Canon Images Browser

PamelaPamela Registered Users Posts: 453 Major grins
edited August 28, 2006 in Finishing School
I recently had to purchase a new computer.( Mac- OS 10.4)

I downloaded the Canon image browser without any problems, but, when I connect my camera to the computer , nothing happens.

I cant remember from the other time I installed the canon software if there is a setting that I need to change.

Has anyone had this problem?
Im still having a monitor printer color issue as well. Does anyone know what monitor setting im suppost to use?

Thankyou in advance.
Thankyou

Pamela

www.exposedimages.net

Comments

• gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2006
    Pamela. I cant offer you any idea as to what up but with card readers avail now for as little as $10...maybe you could try one. Its really just up to your USB port then.

ne_nau.gif Maybe you have tried that also ?
  • PamelaPamela Registered Users Posts: 453 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2006
    Gus

Thankyou , I have one , I just liked the canon software, it would download all of the photos automatically, with the card , I have to download each file at a time.

Unless Ive been using it wrong all this time.

Thankyou again
    Thankyou

Pamela

www.exposedimages.net
  • StustaffStustaff Registered Users Posts: 680 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2006
    Pamela Macs have a built in utility you can use called "image capture" find it using spotlight, which you can set to auto launch whenever your camera is connected.

Or my reccomendation would be "image ingester" which you will need to use your card reader for but it automatically downloads your images and renames your files for you and creates a dated file structure automatically. I reccomend this method.

Get it here http://www.basepath.com/ImageIngester .
    Trapped in my bedroom taking pictures...did i say bedroom? i meant studio!

My www. place is www.belperphoto.co.uk
    My smugmug galleries at http://stuarthill.smugmug.com
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2006
    The preferences in Image Capture determine what happens when a camera is attached.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops