Over my bandwidth...

rickyrickyrickyricky Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
edited August 31, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Hello Smugmug gods.. =)

i have recently went over my bandwidth quota by a gig or so, and it will probably be two gigs by the time the month is up...

The reason has to do with a special gallery that I've put up which is recieving many times the normal hits I'm used to seeing. Is there anything I can do to ensure my smugmug site stays available other than moving to a pro account?

Ricardo

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2006
    rickyricky wrote:
    Hello Smugmug gods.. =)

i have recently went over my bandwidth quota by a gig or so, and it will probably be two gigs by the time the month is up...

The reason has to do with a special gallery that I've put up which is recieving many times the normal hits I'm used to seeing. Is there anything I can do to ensure my smugmug site stays available other than moving to a pro account?

Ricardo
    I reset you to zero for the month.
    You can also disable originals please, that will help immensely :)

wave.gif happy to help!
  • rickyrickyrickyricky Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited August 28, 2006
    Thank you!

I had originals enabled in that gallery so family members and friends could download pristine copies of the photos without having to order printouts. They've had a couple of weeks so I'll turn that feature off for now...

Much appreciated.
    Ricardo
    Andy wrote:
    I reset you to zero for the month.
    You can also disable originals please, that will help immensely :)

wave.gif happy to help!
  • rickyrickyrickyricky Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited August 31, 2006
    Originals all disabled...
    Per your request I started poking around my galleries and noticed that original downloads were enabled in early ALL of the galleries... I have no idea how that happened as I'm almost certain that I was intentionally disabling them...

Either way, I created a profile disabling originals, and applied it to all of the offending galleries. I'd expect my bandwidth useage to be SIGNIFICANTLY less next month...

Thanks again for the help!
    RickyRicky