Accidentally fixed a image stuck in image processing

bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
edited September 3, 2006 in SmugMug Support
If you upload as many photos as I do you ocassionally get this
91293595-M.jpg and 91293599-M.jpg

with that little dot being an image that got stuck in image processing. If you try to add watermark or move images and on the option page you see this
91297738-M.jpg

Well this morning while going in to replace these images with the images again, I accidentally fixed them. I click on the image, then chose replace photo from the photo tool list and then in the line where it said browse I accidentally left it blank and hit replace. (I was go back and forth to other programs and was still waking up) Quickly realizing my mistake and hit the back key on the brower. Well low and behold the image shows up at the top where smugmug displays the images being replaced. I go to the gallery and sure enough the image is there. I have done it on 4 image so far and they seem to be fine.

Can any smugmug staffers confirm that this is a solution instead of having to reload the image?

Can someone else also try this to see if it works for them. Hopefully it does. Sure saves on time.
"A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2006
    bham wrote:
    If you upload as many photos as I do you ocassionally get this
    91293595-M.jpg and 91293599-M.jpg

with that little dot being an image that got stuck in image processing. If you try to add watermark or move images and on the option page you see this
    91297738-M.jpg

Well this morning while going in to replace these images with the images again, I accidentally fixed them. I click on the image, then chose replace photo from the photo tool list and then in the line where it said browse I accidentally left it blank and hit replace. (I was go back and forth to other programs and was still waking up) Quickly realizing my mistake and hit the back key on the brower. Well low and behold the image shows up at the top where smugmug displays the images being replaced. I go to the gallery and sure enough the image is there. I have done it on 4 image so far and they seem to be fine.

Can any smugmug staffers confirm that this is a solution instead of having to reload the image?

Can someone else also try this to see if it works for them. Hopefully it does. Sure saves on time.

Heh - I think you found an unintentional fix to this problem :) Sweet!
    I've reported this to our engineers - and thanks for posting!
  • cdhamescdhames Registered Users Posts: 128 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2006
    hey
    I've had that happen to me. What fixed it for me was clicking the little pixel and then going to zoom thumbnail. not sure if it'll work for anyone else but I thought I'd jot it down here.
    SM Page: cdhames.smugmug.com
    Referral: ( wXtCbmTTvmJSE )