New Galleries... different logged in vs logged out

dmcdmc Registered Users Posts: 427 Major grins
edited August 28, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I created 14 new galleries last night (via starexplorer) and uploaded 342 pics... no problem.

I force the galleries to Journal style, and I have a customization to make Journal Large. All of these new galleries look fine when I am logged in (Journal Large working). When I am logged out, I'm getting the normal Journal style (with small pics)

Only these new galleries are doing this... my hack is working fine everywhere else (i.e. logged out, journal large working). I checked all the gallery settings and can't find anything wrong.

I also am not aware of any settings that would be affected by whether or not I was logged in??? :dunno

Does anyone see this in Journal Large (800 wide) mode?
http://dmcpics.smugmug.com/gallery/1825030

Comments

• Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2006
    dmc wrote:
    I created 14 new galleries last night (via starexplorer) and uploaded 342 pics... no problem.

I force the galleries to Journal style, and I have a customization to make Journal Large. All of these new galleries look fine when I am logged in (Journal Large working). When I am logged out, I'm getting the normal Journal style (with small pics)

Only these new galleries are doing this... my hack is working fine everywhere else (i.e. logged out, journal large working). I checked all the gallery settings and can't find anything wrong.

I also am not aware of any settings that would be affected by whether or not I was logged in??? ne_nau.gif

Does anyone see this in Journal Large (800 wide) mode?
    http://dmcpics.smugmug.com/gallery/1825030

I don't see large images, but it looks like you may have hide owner set to yes or you may have appearance set to smugmug.
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
  • dmcdmc Registered Users Posts: 427 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2006
    Mike Lane wrote:
    I don't see large images, but it looks like you may have hide owner set to yes or you may have appearance set to smugmug.

Hide owner is No (breadcrumb trail is there)

the galleries were originally created (accidently) with appearance=smugmug. I already changed them all to "Custom".... but this didn't help.

the wierd thing is that I see Large pics when I am logged in! All of my other galleries show large pics no problem, even when I am logged out... and I have the same gallery settings...
  • Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2006
    dmc wrote:
    Hide owner is No (breadcrumb trail is there)

the galleries were originally created (accidently) with appearance=smugmug. I already changed them all to "Custom".... but this didn't help.

the wierd thing is that I see Large pics when I am logged in! All of my other galleries show large pics no problem, even when I am logged out... and I have the same gallery settings...
    hmmm. I don't know.
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
    edited August 28, 2006
    Mike Lane wrote:
    hmmm. I don't know.

I figured it out!
    All the new galleries I created don't have any gallery description yet. The Journal Large Hack looks in the description for rules to override the display size (and if it doesn't find any rules, then uses the my default Journal Large rule). Apparently, if there is NO description, this doesn't work right. umph.gif

I still can't explain why the hack does work when logged in, vs not working when logged out. eek7.gif
    Anyway, setting a gallery description makes the problem go away and that is good enough for me! 1drink.gif
    edited August 28, 2006
    now I can get back to work... whoops... almost 5pm, time to go :D