Challenge 72 Question

richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
edited August 29, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
I'd like to enter the following below into the challenge, but I have a real problem with the exif information. I used Photomatix to work on some of the contrast issues I had with the original but there appears to be no way to save the exif info with the photo. There is some basic information that gets saved such as the number of pixels but nothing that reflects the date the photo was taken. When the software with which you did your post processing does not reflect the date the photo was taken, what are your options?

91387792-M.jpg

Comments

• douglasdouglas Registered Users Posts: 696 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2006
    richtersl wrote:
    I'd like to enter the following below into the challenge, but I have a real problem with the exif information. I used Photomatix to work on some of the contrast issues I had with the original but there appears to be no way to save the exif info with the photo. There is some basic information that gets saved such as the number of pixels but nothing that reflects the date the photo was taken. When the software with which you did your post processing does not reflect the date the photo was taken, what are your options?

91387792-M.jpg

I usually just add in my post what date the shot was taken, although my exif is included I don't THINK its actually required and/or verified.
    Best regards,
    douglas
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,954 moderator
    edited August 29, 2006
    Just include the pertinent data along with your post. We trust you.

BTW, embedded EXIF data can be altered if you have the right software. Real verification is much more difficult, and certainly not worth the effort in the decidedly low-stakes Dgrin challenges. :D

Regards,
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2006
    rsinmadrid wrote:
    Just include the pertinent data along with your post. We trust you.

BTW, embedded EXIF data can be altered if you have the right software. Real verification is much more difficult, and certainly not worth the effort in the decidedly low-stakes Dgrin challenges. :D

Regards,
    Thanks. :):

Embedded exif can be edited? YIKES! :oogle