Options

To show or not to show??

Stefanie LynnStefanie Lynn Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
edited August 29, 2006 in Mind Your Own Business
I am interested in what people think about putting your pricelist on your website. Should you or shouldn't you? :dunno

On my website I state my starting session fee & state to contact the studio for further pricing information. My thought was to keep my prices hidden from my competitors.

The downside is then I have to send out my pricelist to each individual person who inquires. Making more work.

What do you do?

Stefanie
stefanielynnphotography.smugmug.com

Comments

• Options
    Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2006
    The downside is then I have to send out my pricelist to each individual person who inquires. Making more work.

Sounds like you answered your own question ;-)

How many customers, due to lack of pricing turn away to find someone who will post their prices? How many stores do you frequent where you have to ask the sales people for each price you want to see?

Why would it matter if your competition knew what you charged? Even if you try to hide it, all they have to do is some kind of mystery shopper trick on you and they have all they need anyway.
    Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie
  • Options
    CasonCason Registered Users Posts: 414 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2006
    Sounds like you answered your own question ;-)

How many customers, due to lack of pricing turn away to find someone who will post their prices? How many stores do you frequent where you have to ask the sales people for each price you want to see?

Why would it matter if your competition knew what you charged? Even if you try to hide it, all they have to do is some kind of mystery shopper trick on you and they have all they need anyway.

15524779-Ti.gif

As a customer, I want all possible information with the least amount of effort.
    Cason

www.casongarner.com

5D MkII | 30D | 50mm f1.8 II | 85mm f1.8 | 24-70mm f2.8
    L | 70-200mm f2.8L IS II | Manfrotto 3021BPRO with 322RC2
  • Options
    photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2006
    I debated this and debated this and finally decided to show 'em. I do have separate pricing for friends/family so I just put that on a "hidden" page and then send them the URL. That way I don't have to send 'em an email. So if you decide NOT to show pricing, just hide it and send the url out.... Just a thought!