U12 Soccer in Jacksonville

kgarrett11kgarrett11 Registered Users Posts: 525 Major grins
edited August 30, 2006 in Sports
My grandson is playing soccer here in Jacksonville and I went to his game Saturday to see what kind of pictures I could get. I am using a D200 with a 80-400mm VR lens. It was a partly cloudy day and the sun was playing havoc with my exposures. I was having trouble getting a shutter speed fast enough to stop the action without getting a pic that was too dark. Any suggestions on how to overcome this problem would be appreciated.

My grandson Avery is on the white team and is in the first and last pic.
I love the expressions on the kids faces.
91177488-M.jpg

91177726-M.jpg

91177856-M.jpg

91177893-M.jpg

91177448-M.jpg
www.Prideinphotography.com
Powered by Smugmug
Three passions wildlife, golf and the STEELERS
Equipment
Nikon D4, D300

Comments

• Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited August 29, 2006
    Good work!! thumb.gifthumb.gif

Like you I dig the facial expressions on these little guys....lol My only comment would be to make them bigger. IOW, crop some of these tighter. Especailly the 1st and last shots :D To much field and not enough of those cute expressions, IMO.

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • kgarrett11kgarrett11 Registered Users Posts: 525 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2006
    Good work!! thumb.gifthumb.gif

Like you I dig the facial expressions on these little guys....lol My only comment would be to make them bigger. IOW, crop some of these tighter. Especailly the 1st and last shots :D To much field and not enough of those cute expressions, IMO.

Steve

Thanks, I'm going to give it a try and see how they look.
    www.Prideinphotography.com