Password protection

Mr HansMr Hans Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
edited August 28, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I set up one of my albums to be password protected, it shows private on my home page. I did like the help section said; enter password and I also did the optional hint. I then copied the link from the address bar while in that gallery into my mail mesagge. When I click on the link in my mail message it take me directly to the gallery without asking for a password.

Any ideas?

Thank You

Comments

• DnaDna Registered Users Posts: 435 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2006
    Are you logged in ? It will show without a password if you are logged in.

It will also show if you are logged out and have entered the password. The cookie with the password lasts for 24 hours.

Dna
  • Mr HansMr Hans Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited August 28, 2006
    I was logged out, but it has not been over 24 hours since i created the gallery. A friend just called and said she was asked for a password.

Thanks for the info, very helpful, I had no idea about the 24 hour password cookie...
  • DnaDna Registered Users Posts: 435 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2006
    Mr Hans wrote:
    I was logged out, but it has not been over 24 hours since i created the gallery. A friend just called and said she was asked for a password.

Thanks for the info, very helpful, I had no idea about the 24 hour password cookie...
    No problem...
    http://www.smugmug.com/help/private-albums (second question, down the bottom)

mwink.gif

Dna