Upload???

psprestonpspreston Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
edited August 31, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Anyone else having trouble uploading???? I can't seem to get anything to upload using both "Send to Smugmug" and "Drag and Drop".... and when it does work it takes about 10 min for a 1.5meg file???

Just wanted to check before I called my ISP...

Thanks

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2006
    Stby, checking here.
    edited August 29, 2006
    Hi, sorry you are having troubles! Uploading is working fine for me here NYC area. Uploaded a batch of 1.5-3mb files, they appeared rather instantly.

There's a line quality test here you can run before you check with your isp:
    http://www.smugmug.com/help/problems

Holler here if we can be of further help!
  • psprestonpspreston Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited August 29, 2006
    Thanks for the quick help....I'll let you know what I find.

Andy wrote:
    Hi, sorry you are having troubles! Uploading is working fine for me here NYC area. Uploaded a batch of 1.5-3mb files, they appeared rather instantly.

There's a line quality test here you can run before you check with your isp:
    http://www.smugmug.com/help/problems

Holler here if we can be of further help!
    edited August 29, 2006
    This is the line test.....

27% Loss in low Bandwith and 22% loss in Medium Bandwith...This is greek to me.

Talked to the ISP they said the upload speed is controled at Smugmug's end and there is nothing they could do...

To give you an idea.."Send to Smugmug" has been uploading for 40 minutes and it's on 4 of 48.

Even doing a simple ping test with a size of 1256 I get 50% loss - I have no idea if that is a correct size... but the smaller sizes worked fine.
    Ideas?
    edited August 29, 2006
    pspreston wrote:
    This is the line test.....

27% Loss in low Bandwith and 22% loss in Medium Bandwith...This is greek to me.

This is immense amounts of packet loss and is the root cause of slowness and failed uploads. First stop: your ISP's customer service department. Let us know if we can help!
    edited August 29, 2006
    Well, that's not much help....

The ISP (comcast) gets the same loss and says it may be "an upstream provider may be having problems"

No Ideas????
    edited August 29, 2006
    pspreston wrote:
    Well, that's not much help....
    Oh, I'm sorry - you said it was Greek to you, I was trying to put it in perspective.

The ISP (comcast) gets the same loss and says it may be "an upstream provider may be having problems"

No Ideas????
    Sure - link the results to your packet loss test here, and I'll ask our Director of Ops to look at it - it will likely be tomorrow when he can get to it.
    edited August 29, 2006
    Sorry for all the trouble.....

"Not much help" from the the ISP.. You have been a great help. I've just spent the last two week keywording about 2,700 pictures and now I can't upload :(

I'll hang it up and see what tomorrow brings....

Thanks again

Andy wrote:
    Oh, I'm sorry - you said it was Greek to you, I was trying to put it in perspective.
    Sure - link the results to your packet loss test here, and I'll ask our Director of Ops to look at it - it will likely be tomorrow when he can get to it.
    edited August 30, 2006
    Andy wrote:

Any word from the Dicector of Ops guy on this????

I did get some photos to upload overnight and during the day.. 14 hours and 42 minutes for 257mb - is that a normal speed?

Thanks again.
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2006
    pspreston wrote:
    Any word from the Dicector of Ops guy on this????

I did get some photos to upload overnight and during the day.. 14 hours and 42 minutes for 257mb - is that a normal speed?

Thanks again.
    Hi Pspreston wave.gif

Could you give us a link to the results of your line test please? thanks.