Options

Gallery pics not the same when log in?

dborasdboras Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
edited August 31, 2006 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Andy
When I log in to order photographs from smugmug the numbers are not the same as when I am not logged in
tried to order customers photographs when I was logged in for cost, but the numbers were not the same as the gallery pic when not logged in
am I crazy??
please advise
thanks
dboras

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2006
    dboras wrote:
    Andy
    When I log in to order photographs from smugmug the numbers are not the same as when I am not logged in
    tried to order customers photographs when I was logged in for cost, but the numbers were not the same as the gallery pic when not logged in
    am I crazy??
    please advise
    thanks
    dboras
    When logged in, you should see "at cost" prices (we don't charge YOU your custom pricing). Logged out, you should see your custom prices.

If you give me a gallery link, I'll be happy to investigate!
  • Options
    edited August 29, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    When logged in, you should see "at cost" prices (we don't charge YOU your custom pricing). Logged out, you should see your custom prices.

If you give me a gallery link, I'll be happy to investigate!
    www.dboras.smugmug.com
    Not prices, the numbers to order photographs are not the same when logged in than not logged in, take a look at olivias photographs, when you log in the pictures are not in the same order as not being logged in, do I make any sense?
    please try it
    thanks
    debbie
  • Options
    edited August 29, 2006
    dboras wrote:
    www.dboras.smugmug.com
    Not prices, the numbers to order photographs are not the same when logged in than not logged in, take a look at olivias photographs, when you log in the pictures are not in the same order as not being logged in, do I make any sense?
    please try it
    thanks
    debbie
    Hi Debbie, your gallery looks identical to me logged in,or logged out. The order of photos is the same. What browsers are you using, and what viewing style?

http://www.dboras.smugmug.com/gallery/1796258/1/89491287
  • Options
    edited August 29, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Hi Debbie, your gallery looks identical to me logged in,or logged out. The order of photos is the same. What browsers are you using, and what viewing style?

http://www.dboras.smugmug.com/gallery/1796258/1/89491287
    No they are not the same, logged in- the 1st picture is sepia and the 5th one is sepia

logged out- the 1 st picture is b&W and the 12 is sepia
    maybe i am doing something wrong I dont know but I know that the pictures are not in the same order
    thanks
  • Options
    edited August 29, 2006
    dboras wrote:
    No they are not the same, logged in- the 1st picture is sepia and the 5th one is sepia

logged out- the 1 st picture is b&W and the 12 is sepia
    maybe i am doing something wrong I dont know but I know that the pictures are not in the same order
    thanks
    Try clearing your cache (temp files) and close, reopen your browser.
  • Options
    edited August 29, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    hate to be dumb, but you mind telling me how to clear cache?
  • Options
    edited August 29, 2006
    dboras wrote:
    hate to be dumb, but you mind telling me how to clear cache?
    IE6: tools>internet options>delete temporary internet files
  • Options
    ehughesehughes Registered Users Posts: 1,675 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2006
    Andy wrote:

I'm seeing the same thing in at least one of my galleries.

http://www.edhughesphoto.com/gallery/1823508
  • Options
    edited August 29, 2006
    ehughes wrote:
    I'm seeing the same thing in at least one of my galleries.

http://www.edhughesphoto.com/gallery/1823508

Andy
    cleared cache, and it is the exact same way
    logged in 1st pic is sepia - 5th picture is B&W

not logged in 1st picture is B&W and 12 th is sepia

am I the only one that this has happened to
    thanks
    dbora
  • Options
    edited August 29, 2006
    OK Guys thanks - I see it now. And I've reported. Not sure what it is, but we'll get back to you.
  • Options
    photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2006
    Can you please report what you hear back? I logged this about 2 weeks ago and never heard a status...

Thanks!
  • Options
    edited August 29, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    OK Guys thanks - I see it now. And I've reported. Not sure what it is, but we'll get back to you.

Thank you andy, if no one has told you lately, thank you for the work you do on this site, we are lucky to have you
    thanks again
    dbora
  • Options
    edited August 29, 2006
    Can you please report what you hear back? I logged this about 2 weeks ago and never heard a status...

Thanks!

hello
    thanks for telling me, i was thinking that i am nuts, and glad to know maybe still a little sane
    dboras
  • Options
    edited August 30, 2006
    OK, the reason is you have several images set to postion #1. So we have to guess.

http://www.dboras.smugmug.com/photos/tools.mg?ImageID=89491287&Type=Album&tool=bulkmove

(ed, you can look in a similar url, replace dboras with your nick)

Re-sort the gallery so that only one photo can possibly occupy a spot, and you should be all set :D
  • Options
    ehughesehughes Registered Users Posts: 1,675 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    OK, the reason is you have several images set to postion #1. So we have to guess.

http://www.dboras.smugmug.com/photos/tools.mg?ImageID=89491287&Type=Album&tool=bulkmove

Re-sort the gallery so that only one photo can possibly occupy a spot, and you should be all set :D

That took care of it Andy, thanks. You da man..

How do you figure it out?

The strange thing is I hadn't touched the sorting or tried to change position. The pics were still at the default from the upload.
  • Options
    photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2006
    Andy wrote:

Hmm, this is odd. A month ago, when I'd upload my photos doing a drag and drop, they would show in the order I grabbed them. I'd been doing that for a year with no issues... But now when I do the drag and drop, it shows in some weird order when I'm logged in, but when I'm logged out, it's correct.

While I know I can force a reorder by date, it's not as quick and fast as upload and let it go. And while I know it's fine for people looking at my site, when I'm logged in, i'd like to see exactly what they see...

I've done this on both IE and FF and it works the same. It seems like something has changed on the Smug side and nothing that I've done different....

Just wanted to pass it along. I'm working around it, but I do find it quite annoying.

Thanks!