New to this. Does this work for stillness

hugzhugz Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
edited August 31, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
I took this picture at the Greater Vancouver Zoo.
The Bird stood very still and posed for me while I took its photo.
Let me know what you think.
Thanx

Comments

• JoanJoan Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins
    edited August 30, 2006
    I know that these cockatoos can stand motionless for a long time! However,to me, this photo does not convey stillness, as I find myself waiting for it to put it's leg back down and crab another piece of fruit to eat. The photo could benefit from some cropping -- maybe a vertical crop to eliminate the distracting foliage on the sides -- and perhaps a little readjusting of the contract to add a little punch to the shot? Good start!

~ Joan
    ~ Joan

Photo gallery: http://jbarnett.smugmug.com
  • JoanJoan Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins
    edited August 30, 2006
    Joan wrote:
    I know that these cockatoos can stand motionless for a long time! However,to me, this photo does not convey stillness, as I find myself waiting for it to put it's leg back down and crab another piece of fruit to eat. The photo could benefit from some cropping -- maybe a vertical crop to eliminate the distracting foliage on the sides -- and perhaps a little readjusting of the contract to add a little punch to the shot? Good start!

~ Joan

I should've looked at the photo again, instead of relying on memory. Any more contrast would wash out the left (bright) side of the bird. I wonder if you could crop part of the shadowed right side of the bird off and have it work, make it a much tighter crop? Need more of an expert at cropping than me, but it's an idea. Might just look odd, with 2/3rds of a bird...

~ Joan
    ~ Joan

Photo gallery: http://jbarnett.smugmug.com
  • hugzhugz Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited August 31, 2006
    Joan wrote:

~ Joan

Thank you for your input, maybe I need to try something totally different
    Hugz