New to macro with my 105vr.

CindyCindy Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
edited August 31, 2006 in Holy Macro
Here's one of my first shots with this lens. Very slight croping and removed a leaf stem on the far right side. I'm loving this macro stuff so far but need lotsa lotsa practice. What do you'll think? Before uploading I could see lots of white pollen all over this little guy... not sure why once uploaded the pollen seems to dissappear... doesn't look nearly as sharp on-line.

91888436-M-1.jpg
Cindy Colbert (Utterback) • Wishing You Co-Bear Love, Hugs & Laughter!!!

Comments

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2006
    iloveyou.gif great loved it
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • gtcgtc Registered Users Posts: 916 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2006
    clap.gifclap.gif nailed it!

it appears to be a lovely lens and you know how to use it! greg
    Latitude: 37° 52'South
    Longitude: 145° 08'East

Canon 20d,EFS-60mm Macro,Canon 85mm/1.8. Pentax Spotmatic SP,Pentax Super Takumars 50/1.4 &135/3.5,Pentax Super-Multi-Coated Takumars 200/4 ,300/4,400/5.6,Sigma 600/8.
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2006
    Looks like a lovely shot but I'm afraid I find the watermark too distracting.
    Brian V.
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2006
    Cindy wrote:
    Here's one of my first shots with this lens. Very slight croping and removed a leaf stem on the far right side. I'm loving this macro stuff so far but need lotsa lotsa practice. What do you'll think? Before uploading I could see lots of white pollen all over this little guy... not sure why once uploaded the pollen seems to dissappear... doesn't look nearly as sharp on-line.

Hi Cindy........ your wasp looks pretty cool to me clap.gif
    The watermark is very distracting makes it hard to see the entire image for what it is, but I guess you have your reasons for doing it.

Wasp's have faces that just scream "MISSION IN PROGRESS"
    Almost Alien like ...... nicely done Cindy .... Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • CindyCindy Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2006
    Thanks everyone for the compliments. I'm my worst critque :):

Playing around with the watermark options unfortunatly I'm not coming up with any 'works for all photos' marks yet. I have had TONS of the local school kids and their parents ask me since I started watermarking why they couldn't just copy and paste my images anymore so that's why I'm going to continue using them. One kid took one of my beautiful sunset pics and his football pics and printed them from screen capture's... looked awful, just awful... but he was happy as he printed for free (mom and dads ink) They want their cheap free prints back but maybe now the sales will go up... will see.
    Cindy Colbert (Utterback) • Wishing You Co-Bear Love, Hugs & Laughter!!!