First Maternity shoot

StustaffStustaff Registered Users Posts: 680 Major grins
edited September 1, 2006 in People
Here are my favourite images from my first Maternity shoot. C&C appreciated, thanks for looking.

91727108-M.jpg

91803477-M.jpg

91775768-M.jpg

91790219-M.jpg

91777237-M.jpg
Trapped in my bedroom taking pictures...did i say bedroom? i meant studio!

My www. place is www.belperphoto.co.uk
My smugmug galleries at http://stuarthill.smugmug.com

Comments

• DanielBDanielB Registered Users Posts: 2,362 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2006
    i like the composition and vibrancy of #4 very muchthumb.gif but it seems like your almost at an angle to the left and i'd rather see the edges of his elbows all the way in the shot. but overall very nicemwink.gif
    Daniel Bauer
    smugmug: www.StandOutphoto.smugmug.com

• Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2006
    You have framed the photos too tight cutting off limbs here and there.

Also and this may be just post processing the white on the lady's top seems to be clipped (overexposed) and thus also reducing the visual effect of her pregnant belly.

It's also interesting to watch their faces as the poses change - they loved #2 and 3. Where hardly at ease on #1 and not so sure on the last one. In a way it is an essay on photographer - client interaction in pictures.
  • quarkquark Registered Users Posts: 510 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2006
    I like #4 simply because it brings focus to the maternity subject.
    heather dillon photography - Pacific Northwest Portraits and Places
    facebook
    photoblog

Quarks are one of the two basic constituents of matter in the Standard Model of particle physics.
  • StustaffStustaff Registered Users Posts: 680 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2006
    thanks for your comments.

Daniel B, I do agree with you unfortunately this is due to the crop when shooting, I have all of his left elbow but not right! so had to crop them so they were even.

Ted, I agree on the framing :( I have a slight problem that my studio(bedroom) isnt quite long enough to use my best portrait lens whish is a 50mm 1.5, My wider lens goes to 18mm but only at 3.5 and I couldnt get enough light. so think a new lens is on the cards.

Thinkin about #1 your right they weren tottally comfortable in that picture good spot, it was one of the earlier shots and I had to ask him to shuffle over and it maybe effected them.

Quark, Thanks it certainly makes it hard to miss!

overall for my first shoot in a new studio with new camera and actual real people I am fairly happy.
    Trapped in my bedroom taking pictures...did i say bedroom? i meant studio!

My www. place is www.belperphoto.co.uk
    My smugmug galleries at http://stuarthill.smugmug.com